cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get the OC taken off your report?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you get the OC taken off your report?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two things like this on my credit report. Can you even try to get the OC removed? Is there a sample letter for that?

Send a GW if paid.

If unpaid, and you know the debt is yours, then send a PFD.

If unpaid, and you know the debt is NOT yours, then you can always send an OC letter and be sure to request copies of the last few statements.

Of course, if unpaid, don't do anything unless you have the $$$ to PIF if you had to or SOL expired. Otherwise, you could get sued.

If you look in the Frequently Most Requested Threads thread, you'll see a section for sample letters and includes GWs and PFDs. You'd have to search in here for "OC Letter" for examples of that. There's a couple of them roaming around in here.

Message 11 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@piersonj1 wrote:

On my CR it says sold to another lender.  Unfortunately they are both reporting a balance on mine, even though it says SOLD on the OC?

Then the OC is not reporting accurate information.  You can dispute it, which I do not advise, or contact the OC.  Call the OC and tell them they are reporting a balance which they should not do.  Ask them to correct it. 

Does the OC update the account?  They should not since they do not own it.

Message 12 of 13
piersonj1
Established Member

The last time they updated was in 2007, I think when they updated it as sold they didn't remove the balance.  I'm dealing with the CA right now and they aren't too nice to deal with (Asset Acceptance).  I don't plan on disputing it until it is completely resolved, but I would've actually preferred the OC to still own it they were a lot nicer to deal with.  Thanks for the advice though, this forum has taught me all I know about credit, this should definitely be turned into a high school graduation requirement! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: Eq-658-Exp-547-TU-600
Current Score: Eq-663-Exp-?-TU-643
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.