cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you give me advice on paying my bills that are in collections.

tag
supermanohohoh
New Visitor

Can you give me advice on paying my bills that are in collections.

Hi my wife and I are in the process of building are credit. I only contacted one collector who I agreed to pay which is midland funding/tmobile reported date 06/13, which I agreed on paying the full amount $300. I didn't do any researched before I made the call. So I didn't ask for a letter paid in full or even try to talk them down on the amount to pay. Is there any way to fix this problem. How do I get a letter to remove from my report or a letter stating the account is paid. I also have 3 other debts which I'll list below. What should be my approach next time? What is a letter of validation? Please help me I'm totally clueless.

Cavalry Portfolio-HSBC   debt $600.00 reported on 6/13

Cap One debt $500.00  reported on 3/13

Gercb/Old Navy $515.00 reported on 6/13 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you give me advice on paying my bills that are in collections.

@supermanohohoh wrote:

Hi my wife and I are in the process of building are credit. I only contacted one collector who I agreed to pay which is midland funding/tmobile reported date 06/13, which I agreed on paying the full amount $300. I didn't do any researched before I made the call. So I didn't ask for a letter paid in full or even try to talk them down on the amount to pay. Is there any way to fix this problem. How do I get a letter to remove from my report or a letter stating the account is paid. I also have 3 other debts which I'll list below. What should be my approach next time? What is a letter of validation? Please help me I'm totally clueless.

Cavalry Portfolio-HSBC   debt $600.00 reported on 6/13 Is HSBC listed on your credit reports? are they showing a bal? If they are they still own the debt and you can call them to see if they can pull back the account. Once pulled back you can pay them, then Cavalry would have to delete their trade line. 

Cap One debt $500.00  reported on 3/13 Call them and ask if you paid in full if they would delete their TL, if not they would just show paid in full $0 bal.

Gercb/Old Navy $515.00 reported on 6/13 Do the same as above!

Hi supermanohohoh and welcome to the forums!!!! If you paid Midland already I would send them a GW letter asking if they would remove.

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 9
supermanohohoh
New Visitor

Thanks DaBears for replying I did not send a payment to midland yet. I feel bad that I didn't do enough research. What should I do next time? Is there still hope on fixing the midland issue?

Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

How long has Midland been reporting the account on your credit reports? Did you ever receive a dunning notice from them in the mail?

Message 4 of 9
supermanohohoh
New Visitor

I did recieve a notice in the mail stating i owe them $300.00. Don't remember when i recieved the letter. It was last reported 6/13.  It shows another reporting 5/13 don't know if i read this right. 

Message 5 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Sending a DV is out of the question since it would be considered untimely since you don't recall when you received it. I would send or call them and offer a PFD. The debt is yours?

Message 6 of 9
supermanohohoh
New Visitor

Cavalry Portfolio-HSBC   debt $600.00 reported on 6/13 Is HSBC listed on your credit reports? I don't see HSBC on my report alone. Just as I typed it there. Are they showing a bal? Only the balance that shows thereIf they are they still own the debt and you can call them to see if they can pull back the account. Once pulled back you can pay them, then Cavalry would have to delete their trade line. 

Cap One debt $500.00  reported on 3/13 Call them and ask if you paid in full if they would delete their TL, if not they would just show paid in full $0 bal.

Gercb/Old Navy $515.00 reported on 6/13 Do the same as above!

For old navy and Cap one do I ask for a letter. What should the letter say

Message 7 of 9
supermanohohoh
New Visitor

The debt is mine but I don't recall owing the $300 exactly. But I want to take this off my account so I can get a home in the future. How should I ask for a PFD? For the other collectors should I attempt to lower of pay in full. 

Message 8 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.