New Visitor
mhoppz

Can you have a judgement removed as soon as it is paid off?

I recently paid off a judgement in June, and I am wondering if I show a zero balance to the Bureau's, can they/will they remove it from my CR, or does it remain on there for the 7 Years, regardless if paid?

pizzadude

Re: Can you have a judgement removed as soon as it is paid off?

mhoppz wrote:

I recently paid off a judgement in June, and I am wondering if I show a zero balance to the Bureau's, can they/will they remove it from my CR, or does it remain on there for the 7 Years, regardless if paid?

The judgment would probably have to be vacated in order for it to be removed from your reports.    Paying a judgement doesn't result in it being taken off your reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+