cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help? I don't think this is reporting correctly.

tag
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you help? I don't think this is reporting correctly.

@gamegrrl wrote:

Thanks, Robert. That makes more sense to me.

So the reason that the DOFD doesn't really matter is that no matter WHAT the DOFD is, that 30 day late will (should) come off my report 7 years after it happened (August 2004)?

Yes you got it, lates or Delinquencies (30,60,90,120 days late): Should drop from your CR, 7 years from the date of the initial missed payment.

Did you at any time in the loan, skip a payment  to be added to the end of the loan?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 11 of 14
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Yes you got it, lates or Delinquencies (30,60,90,120 days late): Should drop from your CR, 7 years from the date of the initial missed payment.

Did you at any time in the loan, skip a payment  to be added to the end of the loan?

Frankly, I don't recall for sure, though I think I may have. 

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 12 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hey gamegrrl,

I had skipped a pyt with Ford also. My last pyt was huge because I forgot the skip pyt, they gave me the option to pay 2 payments,with the 2nd pyt due 2wks after the end of the loan. My DoFD is the same as yours, the month and year the loan was paid off.

So your DoFD maybe correct, if you skipped a  payment and paid after the last payment was due.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 13 of 14
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Interesting! I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'd love to go back and check my records, but I lost pretty much everything to a flood. When I called and talked to Ford, the guy on the phone said he couldn't find any record of any late payments or extensions. Weird.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.