Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you join NFCU with open ch13?

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Can you join NFCU with open ch13?

I have an opportunity to join but I don't want to apply if they won't accept because of open ch13. Thanks for your time.

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you join NFCU with open ch13?

They approved me to join when I had just been discharged from a CH 7 3 weeks earlier and my scores were mid 500's at the time.  Every situation is different but I think its worth a shot. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Call and ask that general question.

I kinda doubt it is a membership criterion, as membership is not the same as approval of grant of any credit.

Message 3 of 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Call and ask that general question.

I kinda doubt it is a membership criterion, as membership is not the same as approval of grant of any credit.

Agreed...

OP,

Regarding my Ch 13, my attorney stressed no new credit without permission of the trustee while you are under BR protection.  Violating that could result in a motion to dismiss your case.

Most if not all lenders will have issues extending you credit if they see a non-discharged BR on your CR too.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.