cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you request account activity be added to CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you request account activity be added to CR?

If this has been asked before forgive me, throw in a link and I'll read through every bit of information Smiley Wink I'm asking because I've been paying Western Dental for braces about two years now. $124 a month always on time or early, but the account has never been listed on my credit report. I'm assuming because they didnt require a credit check to open the account or my social number. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like having this account listed with the continuous on time payments might have helped my credit history (and maybe the score) a little in the last two years. So is it possible to ask Western Dental if they would now be willing to report my account to EX / TU / EQ or no? If it is possible at this point I have roughly $2,700 balance left out of $5,012, in this case is it at all beneficial or should I not even bother? Thanks a lot, everyone here has been really helpful. Smiley Happy  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you request account activity be added to CR?

It never hurts to ask. I would love to see medical bills be reported to credit bureaus as standard practice. If you don't pay dental/orthodontic/medical bills, don't they send you to collections? (Which is reported to the credit bureaus...) Seems like it should be a two way street instead of one way.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you request account activity be added to CR?

aml29 thats exactly how I feel. Thanks a lot, I'll call them next week and see what happens. Can't hurt to try

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.