Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled/ Forgiven Chase Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelled/ Forgiven Chase Debt

I called Chase today to request a letter and was told there was no letter to send.
Message 11 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

If you are looking to buy a house, I'm not sure how an underwriter might view a $700 unpaid charge off. Even though the amount is small, I think all charge offs must now be paid to prior to closing. They don't care as much about paid charge offs.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they won't pfd I guess I will try and settle for as little as possible. How small of a settlement do you think they will take? The debt is 5.5 years old and they are not pursuing collections, does that mean they will accept much less? I have no interest in paying in full since they won't delete. I will just have to annoy them with goodwills
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are outside your SOL you can save more. Research that before you think of an offer.

Message 14 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

start low like 20% of the balance then you will have to negotiate up to a number you feel comfortable with. I think you could end up at 50-60% of total balance as payment.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ended up settling for 35% ($243)
Message 16 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

nice job...

Message 17 of 18
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
We ended up settling for 35% ($243)

Congratulations.  You must be a great negotiator.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.