Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Lexington law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelled Lexington law

Last month I signed up for Lexington law because I thought I didn't know what to do to fix my report. I was disappointed because it seems like they weren't doing anything. I contacted all the collection agencies that were on my credit report and got about 30 collections removed from my credit report. I did it all by myself. My credit scores went up almost 100 points in less then two months! I'm so greatful i found this board!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Cancelled Lexington law

I know you had posted about a month ago asking about them and a few people said you could do it yourself. I know time was an issue for you, but as my grandmother used to say: No one learns from others experiences.

Now you definitely know you can do it yourself! Congrats on firing them and on all the hard work you've put in and getting it done!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cancelled Lexington law

If your credit repair efforts extend beyond simply sending out GW letters, the use of a credit repair organization can actually hamper your efforts.

Congress has specifically excluded credit repair organizations from filing direct disputes on behalf of a consumer, or even providing forms for a consumer to use in that process.  Use of a credit repair organization will limit your ability to use the direct dispute process, relegating any disputes to filing through a CRA.  That, to me, is a substantial disadvantage.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.