Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot File Experian Dispute Online

tag
samtom79
Valued Member

Cannot File Experian Dispute Online

I've had no problem filing disputes with EQ and TU however it has been impossible to file dispute online with EX. I have tried both myself and my wife using accurate information as well as alternate accurate information and every time I get this message "We were unable to honor your request. If you entered your credit card information, we did not charge you." And they suggest that I print the letter and mail it to them. Is this well known issue that it is more difficult to file dispute online with EX or am I just missing something?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot File Experian Dispute Online

@samtom79 wrote:

I've had no problem filing disputes with EQ and TU however it has been impossible to file dispute online with EX. I have tried both myself and my wife using accurate information as well as alternate accurate information and every time I get this message "We were unable to honor your request. If you entered your credit card information, we did not charge you." And they suggest that I print the letter and mail it to them. Is this well known issue that it is more difficult to file dispute online with EX or am I just missing something?

Happens all the time.  You're just going to have to file via fax or mail.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have you considered using the direct dispute process, and thus cutting the CRAs enitirely out of involvment?

Message 3 of 7
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I had the same issue!  I had to call in and they just ask me what I was trying to dispute and I said the BK13 and they said NOPE, you cannot dispute that!  What?!  TU allowed me to dispute online and they removed, but EX seems determined to not allow.  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 4 of 7
samtom79
Valued Member

I have not consdidered this. Please link me to the steps needed.

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@samtom79 wrote:

I have not consdidered this. Please link me to the steps needed.

I moved your file to Rebuilding since your question is regarding Direct Disputes.

here is the link you asked for:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What link are you using to access Exp?

How many times you have disputed something online and if you have a report number? It will help us to determine how to resolve this.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.