Did you mean: 

Cap 1, Credit One or Milestone??

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1, Credit One or Milestone??

Capital One!  

Not even in the same league.

I went from 0 to 50,000 in 2 years with Cap One.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NattyPButter wrote:

@afineteacher wrote:

I have had the Capital One since February with a $49 deposit, but I sent in another $100 to make my limit $300. I have had no problems thus far. I was just approved for Credit One last Sunday and I am waiting on that card now. With Credit One interest starts on purchases as soon as you make them as there is no grace period. I haven't been prequalified for Milestone yet. 

people keep saying this about Credit One but I've used the card many times already and have been charged $0 in interest. I do pay the when the transaction post or within a week though so maybe that helps. Even got a credit increase a few weeks after opening the account free of charge. Credit One has been fine by me and I even have prime cards. The only thing you have to worry about is the annual fee when that comes up. Just PIF before statement cut date and don't pay for credit increases and the card should be just fine to use as  a "tool" to build your credit. 

It would be OK if it were just that - but Credit One is a wholely owned subsidiary of Sherman Capital, a very large Junk Debt Buyer, that goes by various names, including the infamous LVNV. I advise people to not sleep with the enemy...

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, I closed mine after 2 statements

Message 13 of 14
silkysean
Regular Contributor

@NattyPButter wrote:

@afineteacher wrote:

I have had the Capital One since February with a $49 deposit, but I sent in another $100 to make my limit $300. I have had no problems thus far. I was just approved for Credit One last Sunday and I am waiting on that card now. With Credit One interest starts on purchases as soon as you make them as there is no grace period. I haven't been prequalified for Milestone yet. 

people keep saying this about Credit One but I've used the card many times already and have been charged $0 in interest. I do pay the when the transaction post or within a week though so maybe that helps. Even got a credit increase a few weeks after opening the account free of charge. Credit One has been fine by me and I even have prime cards. The only thing you have to worry about is the annual fee when that comes up. Just PIF before statement cut date and don't pay for credit increases and the card should be just fine to use as  a "tool" to build your credit. 

Maybe so but interest is charged right away with them plus monthly fees so once you qualify for a better card its best to cancel right away or before your yearly Af.Card serves one purpose only to rebuild and help you get others once that's done there cards serve no purpose anymore.Them Sky,First Premier,Etc.. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.