Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 FaKo score

tag
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 FaKo score

Ok this may sound confusing but it really is not. Hang in there with me...

on 06/01/2013 my wife got her lender pulled scores which were EQ 604 TU 624 and EX 536.

On 06/08/2014 she checked her Cap 1 Fako score (TU) which was 584. I do realize that it is a FaKo score and not accurate.

She has since paid a CC off to $0 and paid the other one she has at below 6% Utl. They were both reporting 10% prior to this.

on 07/08/2014 she rechecked her cap 1 score and it jumped to 604 from 586...Im assuming due to paying off a baddy (now reporting paid instead of collection) and lowering her UTL.

My question to you guys is although i know Cap 1 scorewatch is a FaKo, can I still assume her score jumped up from what the lender pulled on 06/01/2014?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap 1 FaKo score

@Warrior2000 wrote:

Ok this may sound confusing but it really is not. Hang in there with me...

on 06/01/2013 my wife got her lender pulled scores which were EQ 604 TU 624 and EX 536.

On 06/08/2014 she checked her Cap 1 Fako score (TU) which was 584. I do realize that it is a FaKo score and not accurate.

She has since paid a CC off to $0 and paid the other one she has at below 6% Utl. They were both reporting 10% prior to this.

on 07/08/2014 she rechecked her cap 1 score and it jumped to 604 from 586...Im assuming due to paying off a baddy (now reporting paid instead of collection) and lowering her UTL.

My question to you guys is although i know Cap 1 scorewatch is a FaKo, can I still assume her score jumped up from what the lender pulled on 06/01/2014?

The increase in the score was generated from a new pull sometime after 6/8, the real score pulled had nothing to do with the increase and I can tell you its likely due to the decreased utilization and payoff of 1 acct.

Message 2 of 5
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

I sure hope so...we need 16 pts to get a pre-approval to start building our home!!
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Warrior2000 wrote:
I sure hope so...we need 16 pts to get a pre-approval to start building our home!!

You cannot rely on that FAKO fo 16 points on your Fico though I am sure that the decrease in util and payoff of the one card did result in a point increase of some sort on your Fico. Mortgage lenders pull Fico 04 and there is no place to buy that score anymore.

Message 4 of 5
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

No I understand, guess I'm wishful thinking. My Cap 1 scorewatch said 630 and my lender pull was a 653 while my CreditKarma was 670...craziness.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.