Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 GW letter.... comments? Y? N?

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 GW letter.... comments? Y? N?

Well, that backdoor #, as well as about 3 others, didn't work for me. Smiley Sad NO ONE was willing to help me out.  The last woman...I told her it's a shame that no one out there is willing to give someone a break!  She started spouting off about how it's listed as Paid!  No kidding!  I PAID it!!!  Then she asked if there was anything else she could help me with.....

...Ok, I was REALLY frustrated by then & should have kept my cool, but I told her to let me know if she ever needed a heart transplant, cuz mine is nice and forgiving...then I hung up!

These people are NEVER going to remove this....
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 34
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have yet to give up!!!

Dear Sir or Ma’am,

I previously was a holder of a Capital One credit card from July 2000-August 2003.    I enjoyed my experience with Capital One and the flexibility the card offered. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I had late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2003 and the account was paid in full in December 2004. Since that time I have been attempting to restore my credit following a very difficult personal and financial period.  I pray that you would consider, removing the late payments from my report and provide an updated status of satisfactorily to all three credit reporting agencies.

Things were pretty tough back then and I’d left a bad relationship and found myself paying everything on my own.  Unfortunately, things became pretty overwhelming and the only thing I could consistently pay was my rent and electric.  Had to keep the roof over my head & the lights on!

It wasn’t easy, but over time I contacted all my creditors to set up payment arrangements.  Between January and December of 2004, I’d paid this account in full!  This gave me a huge sense of relief and accomplishment.  I truly didn’t realize the damage I’d done as far as my Capitol One account was concerned, as I hadn’t seen my credit report in some time.  Since that time back in 2003, I have never made a late payment for anything!  I learned a very hard and expensive lesson.

So, in closing, I am hoping that you can find it in your heart to do me this favor.  I would never ask that this negative information be removed if I hadn’t paid it off.  This would mean so much to me to be able to get the loan I need for my home, but I am afraid this trade line information my make my dream impossible.

Thank you for your time in considering my request.

Sincerely,

bungalowmo

Message 22 of 34
tcham54687
New Contributor

I like it!!
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 23 of 34
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks!  Now I'm hoping they like it!

I hope that as you write to these people & call them, that they don't make notes in your acct!

tcham...one question...was yours a charge off?  Or was it still an open acct?  I'm guessing it was open & that's why I'm getting all the heartless responses!
Message 24 of 34
tcham54687
New Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:
Thanks!  Now I'm hoping they like it!

I hope that as you write to these people & call them, that they don't make notes in your acct!

tcham...one question...was yours a charge off?  Or was it still an open acct?  I'm guessing it was open & that's why I'm getting all the heartless responses!

Both my accounts were PIF about three years ago. They deleted one and made the other look really pretty for me.
APR 25, 2008 FICO TU:668/EX:654/EQ:642
Jun 05, 2008 FICO TU:698/EX:697/EQ:709
Aug 01, 2008 FICO TU:724/EX:741/EQ:749
Mar 15, 2013 Fico TU 725/EX 677/EQ/735 (EX has a $60 collection...#$%^ me)
Apr 7, 2013 FICO TU 756/EX 747/EQ 771
Message 25 of 34
YoungInvestor
Valued Member

Don't give up. Don't ever give up!
Does it do any good to stop trying?
Will anything bad happen if you keep trying?

I was prepared to keep GWing Cap One for the next 6.5 years if I needed to.
Also, whenever you call do not get upset, just be courteous and thankful no matter what. I don't know what they can put on your account as far as notes but you don't want any negative notes in there!

I plan to check my credit in a few weeks to see if all lates are gone.
Good luck to all.
Message 26 of 34
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

YoungInvestor wrote:
Don't give up. Don't ever give up!
Does it do any good to stop trying?
Will anything bad happen if you keep trying?

I was prepared to keep GWing Cap One for the next 6.5 years if I needed to.
Also, whenever you call do not get upset, just be courteous and thankful no matter what. I don't know what they can put on your account as far as notes but you don't want any negative notes in there!

I plan to check my credit in a few weeks to see if all lates are gone.
Good luck to all.

I was really trying to be nice...really, but I just cannot believe that over & over & over, I continually get these mean spirited nasty people associated with their company!

tcham....Mine was PIF too, but only after it was a CO.  Were either of you in the CO spot, or were your payments just behind a bit & you got caught up.  I'm guessing that makes a difference with them.

I'm not intending to give up at all....but I tell ya, it does wear on ya.  How long until these don't have such an impact on my FICO score??  I have Cap 1, Sallie Mae & WFNNB all set to fall off by Sept of next year!  You'd think being that old that they wouldn't matter so much....at least that's what I keep reading.
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been awhile since the last post on this.  I'm trying to determine if I should get on the phone and call Cap One to goodwill my late payments (2003) from Exp.  They're already dropped off Eq & TU.  I know they're due to drop off next year, but they're the only baddie on my Experian.  Hoping to refi in the next few months......

Message 28 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried using planetfeedback to write a GW letter?
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

oooh - that's a cool site.  Thanks - never been there before.

I have read through the forums mixed reviews on letters / phone calls to Cap 1.  Evidently (although I didn't see the original post - just a later reference to it), there has been some success with phone calls.  I'm curious to see how things went for those who posted here and were planning on goodwilling Cap 1.  Any success? It's been a few months, so I"m hoping to hear how it all went down Smiley Wink.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.