Did you mean: 

Cap 1 QS1/Platinum CLI after 2 1/2 statements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 QS1/Platinum CLI after 2 1/2 statements

Holy moly!

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 1.00.22 PM.png

I've never clicked "continue" so fast in my life, lol.

Opened this card on 2/2/16 and have been hitting up the CLI link every other day for a couple weeks now, just in case, always denied for "account too new". Finally got approved! Woo! 63 days, baby! FWIW, my third statement is due to cut on April 21.

So then of course, I tried my Platinum-turned-QS MC... I hadn't used this one as much until it turned QS (I was angry at it for not having cashback haha), so it probably explains the lower increase. I accepted anyway, haha

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 1.05.19 PM.png

Same story with this one, opened 2/4 (PCed after about a month though), third statement due to cut April 28, hit the CLI link every couple days, always denied for "too new".

I suppose I could've held out til the official 3rd statement for both, but I'm super happy with these CLIs! Now to wait for the Credit Steps increases in a few months.

Thanks for all the help everyone's ever posted on here!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 QS1/Platinum CLI after 2 1/2 statements

Nice increases! Can you tell us how much you used these cards? And are the current credit lines shown the startlng limits you had? 

Message 2 of 10
Poppa
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, those were the SLs, both $3k each.

I put about $2000 total through the QS1 in the two months I've had it, and a little less than $1000 through the Plat-turned QS. Not a ton, but enough, I guess! I pay them both off throughout the month.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info! It seems that if you use them a lot. Charge a lot to them and make sure to PIF your CLIs are higher. Will continue to charge my QS. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes def!! I wanted to put my rent on there to make it look like I spent even more, but the management company stopped taking CCs as payment sometime after I moved in. I didn't have one back then so I'm not sure exactly when that option disappeared but i was sad, haha. Not sure if I could even get a higher CLI than I got though.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've gotta find more to put on monthly!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually get a little angry that I can't pay my gas and electric bills with a CC. I audibly grumble as I select my checking account from the menu. And I always check to be sure CC payment hasn't been added as an option haha.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy moly!

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 1.00.22 PM.png

I've never clicked "continue" so fast in my life, lol.

Opened this card on 2/2/16 and have been hitting up the CLI link every other day for a couple weeks now, just in case, always denied for "account too new". Finally got approved! Woo! 63 days, baby! FWIW, my third statement is due to cut on April 21.

So then of course, I tried my Platinum-turned-QS MC... I hadn't used this one as much until it turned QS (I was angry at it for not having cashback haha), so it probably explains the lower increase. I accepted anyway, haha

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 1.05.19 PM.png

Same story with this one, opened 2/4 (PCed after about a month though), third statement due to cut April 28, hit the CLI link every couple days, always denied for "too new".

I suppose I could've held out til the official 3rd statement for both, but I'm super happy with these CLIs! Now to wait for the Credit Steps increases in a few months.

Thanks for all the help everyone's ever posted on here!!!

That's AWESOME! Congrats and thanks for posting this...

Still get a little chuckle out of your username, he, he!

Message 9 of 10
huck1081
Regular Contributor

Awesome increase!! Congrats

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.