Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Quick Silver Approval

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 Quick Silver Approval

Overjoyed. In the process of rebuilding for new mortgage the first of the year. I am in need of 30 points to qualify for an VA loan mid-score. I have a secured cap1 for 1 year this month which available credit is 503 but the 29 annual fee kicked in bringing my bal to 79. I also have an secured card from USAA with an 400 credit limit and 0 bal. And Fingerhut revol with 850 credit limit also 0 bal. I have 2 auto loans in excellent standing. I have old collections to fall off in 2016 and early 2017. I have paid collections with Midland and they won't delete. AT&T collection which I dispute because of balance. Either way my loan officer stated I needed 620 and am sure this will take me there since my scores have increased incredibly from the other added cards.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Quick Silver Approval

Apply for the Cap One Platinum card too. After a couple of statements you can call in and get it upgraded to Reward staus and basically have the "full" Quicksilver card, complete with no annual fee.

After your third statement go online and request a CLI..

Message 2 of 10
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Yippee thanks for the advice. Just got approved for the platinum card. My QS1 have an 0 interest until July next year. 👍👍👍👍😄😄😄
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats! I hope you did the 2 apps on the same day. That way they use the same credit pulls.

Message 4 of 10
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Yes all within the hour
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanna do these cards too, but i don't want the triple inquiry, cap1 is stupid, they're big stupid dummies for that

Message 6 of 10
CreditScoreChallenged
New Contributor

Congrats....keep up the good work.

Capital One Platinum $3500 || Quicksilver One $2500 || GM Buypower $500 || PayPal Extra MC $300 || Walmart
$850|| Victoria Secret $3150 || Gettington
$4500|| Kohl's
$700|| Fullbeauty $650
EQ 631 TU 666 EX 671 Goal: 700 across the board
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shamrock

Try the prequal and if it says 'we think you'll like this prequal offer' then app for it and a second card (if listed) back to back. My husband did and it was only 1 hp (all 3 CRAs) for both cards
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay congrats to you! Keep up the hard work!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful tho - you don't ALWAYS get both cards.   DH hit the prequal site - it brought up both cards - we applied - he got QS - so we hit it again for the Plat - got denied.    At least it was only one set of pulls -but he didn't get both cards.....odd because almost everyone on here does......I was shocked.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.