Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 cards, should i?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 cards, should i?

I have a 10k walmart MC, a 500 amex everyday, fingerhut installment that'll turn revolving soon and 2 unsecured cards at 200 each. I also have 3 inq on EX, 4 on TU, and 3 on EQ..... I'm pre-approved for venture and QS, but I'm torn whether to do it now or wait a bit til when my inquiries aren't as fresh, all of my inquiries and accounts have been acquired in the last 4 months.... won't cap1 see all that and look at me as a credit seeker? If I'm gonna do it wouldn't I be better off waiting until my own accounts have aged to at least 6 months or something?

Current scores are ex 777, Tu 733 and EQ 781 (Tu is behind updating a card I let report as maxed on accident) also I'm an AU for anyone wondering why my scores are bonkers
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 cards, should i?

Go for it...I wish I had the *few* inquries you have!!

Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate how much I worry about my inquiries, but I suppose one more on each isnt much different anyway . Plus once I have these I probably won't be applying for a CC for a very long time, my only concern is getting an auto loan
Message 3 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone just told me my cc inquiries should have little effect on auto loan app??
Message 4 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't. Do it!
Message 5 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aight, like i said I just ran my 3b, and TU needs to update I wish there was a way to know when thry do
Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll Def get one out of the 2! Go for Venture first. Potential for much higher SL.
Message 7 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They won't. Do it!

Is this true?  I'm holding off applying for another credit card until I get my auto loan in April-June time frame.

Message 8 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every credit profile is different but who is to say. IMO I don't think 5 or 6 inquries is going to be a deal breaker for auto financing. When I refinanced from Cap1 to Carfinance.com, I had 10 inquries on each report. I went from a 19.99% interest rates to a 6% interest rate. It lowered my monthly payment by 357$. Inquries never came up. I made 36 on time payments to Cap1 is what got me approved with Carfinance.com, who are excellent BTW.
Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking to finance a bike actually
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.