Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 charge off

tag
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 charge off

Has anyone had success with getting a charge off from Cap 1 removed from the CRAs?? Mine is paid in full ( did not know about the pdf at that time) . I have send a couple of GWs but have been unsuccesful, I don't really want to give up but really want to see if someone on here has ever done it.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 charge off

Bump , anyone? Or has someone disputed a Cap 1 paid charge off and gotten it deleted?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Disputing requires that you assert some inaccuracy in their reporting, and is a frivolous dispute if no assertion of inaccuracy is provided.

GWs of charge-offs are particulary difficult, as the creditor made the prior determination that your debt was at such a stage of delinquency that they could write off that asset as an uncollectible bad debt.  So you enter into a GW request with that perception having been stated.

You are also asking that they delete based on payment of the debt, which is directly contrary to written policy of the CRAs.

In my opinion, plain vanilla GW requests are most likely going to meet with plain vanilla denial.

What most do in such a situation is to attempt to locate the name of a management official in their company who has the authority to grant exceptions to their normal policy.

Message 3 of 4
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Very good. Thank you so much for your response.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.