Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 goodwill fail

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Cap 1 goodwill fail

I tried a goodwill letter for some old charge off from 07 with them, that had been paid off. Wrote a nice letter and got a call back today from a lady at exec relations. Said they reviewed it and was unable to delete the tradeline or any lates becasue the info was accurate.. oh well might as well not have even called. Don't really get how these places work, do you have to just catch them in a good mood or what? Anyone know about someone there that is knows for doing this for people?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap 1 goodwill fail

Keep trying, my third try was the one that worked. And I called. Sometimes, its harder for them to say no on the phone. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
rkb84
Contributor

So just try to get different people ?

Message 3 of 4
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Yes. I asked for a deletion, and they told me they could not authorize that, so I asked for a supervisor. I gave her an honest story, about my hubby getting his job shipped overseas, and that it was really hard for us, and now we want to buy a home. She eventually gave in (I kept her on the phone for a good 45 mins), and it was deleted within a week. Don't give up!! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.