Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 not budging...ugh!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 not budging...ugh!

I thought Cap 1 would be an easy company to get to GW, boy was i wrong. They continue to flat out deny request after request. I send an email once a month, as well as letters.

I recently paid a $2200 charge off with them back in december.

Any advice? Strategy? i'll keep sending letters that's all i know to do.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 not budging...ugh!

We're you rude and obnoxious during their collection process?
Message 2 of 16
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

No not by any means, that's not my character
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only ask because I have heard about people who have been. You have to convince them to feel for your situation at the time. Your story doesn't seem convincing to them.
Message 4 of 16
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yeah I do agree with that , because the rep was asking me like why did you get behind, the credit dispute department likes to know why people get behind, so they can better help them. I tried explain best I could truthfully.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolbuskid wrote:
Yeah I do agree with that , because the rep was asking me like why did you get behind, the credit dispute department likes to know why people get behind, so they can better help them. I tried explain best I could truthfully.

You should be truthful with them, but it doesnt hurt to start crying either. If you know what I mean.

Message 6 of 16
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

ok, i see what you're saying...i'll think about that over the next few weeks.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 3 Capital one Charge offs on my Credit Report. All Three have been removed. 
I sent them the same letter all three times. Basically goes like this. [Without typing the whole dang letter out]
Hi, my name is [name] I've been a member of the capital one family for [time]. I took advantage of our relationship on [date you fell behind] because of [reason]
I was young and stupid. [use more eloquent words than young and stupid]. I now have a capital one [kind of card] that i've paid on time for [time] and am in the process of buying a house/car. The charge offs are really affecting my chances of getting a competitive interest rate. 

In light of my renewed focus and demonstrated commitment to rebuilding trust with your company, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by deleting the charge off as reported on my three major credit bureau files (Experian, TransUnion, & Equifax). I sincerely hope Capital One believes in their customers and I humbly request your consideration to allow me to pursue the house of my dreams. I appreciate your time and hope for a gesture of goodwill and to continue doing business with Capital One. Please note that this is not a dispute of the validity of the debt that was owed but rather a request for deletion of the charge-off reports that have been paid.

I always add that last line so they don't turn it into a "disputed by consumer" on my Credit reports. 

Anyways -- 3 weeks later. All three were gone. 

Message 8 of 16
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

i like, i like...thanks for sharing that.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

To which address did you send the letters?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.