Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured has me nervous....

tag
geekmama
Contributor

Re: Cap 1 secured has me nervous....

If you pay with a check they have your routing number and account number. What's the difference?
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not use checks. I stopped completely when I was 18 and had my identity stolen. They had also gained access to my checkbook. That is why I pay bills with a reloadable card. It just eases my nerves Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I pay all of my bills with a seperate reloadable card. I did go ahead and let them draft this one time.

You won't be able to pay credit card bills with a reloadable card. 

I had my identity stolen by my own mother and by a stranger (black market site). Both of the parties in question used physical checks (where all of your information and your signature is), whereas reputable, federally regulated and insured banks end-to-end encrypt your information and set up multiple layers of protection to do so. The businesses you send your information to don't even have access to the actual information you give them, even in its encrypted form.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused. A post you made a month ago states that you had an account with Capital One that was charged off. You would have already given them your account information to pay the bill prior to it going south. Why would you suddenly be leary to give them your information again?

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid my bills with them with my reloadable debit card. I know it seemed silly to be worried. Everyones words have been comforting!
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid my bills with them with my reloadable debit card. I know it seemed silly to be worried. Everyones words have been comforting!

How, though? I've only got the option to pay with a checking/savings account on all of my accounts.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like if you can pay a credit card with another credit card everyone would be doing free balance transfers. I know i would lol  I've only been able to pay Cap One with a  checking/saving account.    All my credit card accounts are that way.  As for being worried about it. Just keep an eye on things but i have used them for years and never had a problem..  I have tons of alerts set up on my accounts for anything so at least I'm aware quicky of suspicious activity and can report it quickly too. 

I do like the one post that suggested a basic checking account that's not linked to the others for  just paying your bills.   I may do that.  It might come in handy to have a fall back account  too.  It would have to be a credit union though. I'm not a bank fan at all.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems like if you can pay a credit card with another credit card everyone would be doing free balance transfers. I know i would lol  I've only been able to pay Cap One with a  checking/saving account.    All my credit card accounts are that way.  As for being worried about it. Just keep an eye on things but i have used them for years and never had a problem..  I have tons of alerts set up on my accounts for anything so at least I'm aware quicky of suspicious activity and can report it quickly too. 

I do like the one post that suggested a basic checking account that's not linked to the others for  just paying your bills.   I may do that.  It might come in handy to have a fall back account  too.  It would have to be a credit union though. I'm not a bank fan at all.

I know i would be lol, and rake in those cash rewards

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay my Fingerhut card with it too Smiley Happy It is just a cheap reloadable Visa. It is the Walmart money card. I use it to pay my utlility bills online as well. It is a handy little thing!
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you get merchandise from Fingerhut so you can pay with a credit card. You can purchase from them using a credit card as payment and pay their statement with a credit card.  My credit card accounts won't let me though.and I don't know any that will. They have to be paid from a checking/savings account.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.