Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 success!

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 success!

Was successful in getting a 30-60-90 day late from Jun Jul Aug 2013 removed. Used a BBB complaint. EO office called me last week and said they would investigate. Was a nice younger sounding lady. She called me back an hour ago and said she would remove all negative info and was drafting me a letter as we spoke. Think this will give me a score bump? Credit card was opened in early 2012, low balance now (just paid down), longest open card. AAoA currently is 2.5-3 years. Have 2 negatives a charge off for First Premier $547 Aug 2013 and a collection Verizon Wireless $1100 from Aug 2013. Sent direct dispute to First Premier and still haven't heard back. Hoping they surpass there 30 days and I'll file a BBB complaint for deletion due to not following through with the direct dispute and violating there rules.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 success!

Filed a BBB complaint with Verizon due to not receiving a final bill and when I called to inquire they were rude and told me I was late and it was currently being sent to collections. There EO office called and left me a message but I haven't called back yet as I don't have the $1100 to settle it. Said on voicemail it was in the process of being wrote off.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 14
tufa4311
Established Contributor

To confim - are you saying you got Capital One to remove a 90 days late for you?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 3 of 14
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Yes I did! EO office did it for me. Took of 1-30 day from Jun 2013 a 60 day from Jul 2013 and a 90 day from Aug 2013! They are sending me a letter and she said it would reflect within 30-60 days on my credit report. :-D
Message 4 of 14
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Wow, congrats!

While I no longer needed it (I got them to remove the one 30-day late I had) others could gain form you info - how did you do it - what did you say to the EO -what was the basis of your BBB complaint - what reason did you give, what specifically did you request, etc.

Sorry, I just re-read your second post - so you did pay late but it was becuase you never got a bill from them?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 5 of 14
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

The basis of my dispute was that I hadn't been receiving my statements and had signed up for auto debit, but unfortunately it must not have went through. They had my current number on file but had never contacted me to explain that I was late (I found out after apping for a loan), at which point I immediately caught it up. I asked that out of goodwill they remove the lates. I'll post my letter just have to find it. 

Message 6 of 14
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

So I totally was mistaken! I got it mixed up with my other BBB complaints I currently have. I had went to file a BBB complaint and upon going to submit it, it gave me an email to the escalations office so instead of going BBB I directly emailed that email with the name of the Executive attached that it gave me. Email was as follows. I've removed personal info, names etc.

XXXXXXX

Hi, my name is XXXX XXXX and I am a consumer of Capital One. In September of 2012 after struggling to build credit I was super excited to learn that I could get a secure credit card with Capital One and slowly but surely build up my credit in hopes of securing a home mortgage for my family. After submitting my application I was approved for and received the Capital One secured card. In May of 2013 I attempted to sign up for auto bill pay through my bank and was under the influence that it had successfully went through and that my bill was being paid monthly as agreed upon. I did not receive any communication stating otherwise from Capital One or to put me under the impression that it wasn't being paid. In September of 2013 me and my wife applied for and attempted to secure our first home mortgage loan with a local bank. Upon pulling our credit, they informed me that my credit card was showing as 90 days past due! At this point my heart sank and I immediately made prompt payment in hopes of not only saving my account and reputation with Capital One but also in hopes of saving my credit. Little did I know it was too late so save my credit as the negative remarks had already been reported and we were denied and lost all chance of being able to get a home mortgage. Had I received mailings from Capital One informing me that the credit cards were late I would have taken care of it first thing. Over the last year and a half I have attempted to explain my situation to several CSRs as well as through credit disputes that the bill was not received to no avail. I was at the point of making a BBB complaint since I have been unable to find a human within Capital One that would understand that this mistake should not have happened and that bad things do happen to good people. Luckily the BBB site pointed me in your direction. I do not want to make a report against Capital One as you were the only ones who would give me a chance at credit when I was down and have been GREAT towards me over the years aside from this one issue. I am asking for help here, and that out of good faith we can come to a resolution and have these late's removed from my consumer reports and restore my reputation. The last 4 digits of my account number are xxxx and the last 4 digits of my SS# are xxxx You can reply to me directly at my email xxxx@gmail.com. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read this and I hope we can get this situation resolved in a way that works for me, as well as Capital One. Thank you for your services.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

Message 7 of 14
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I must say I'm still surprised they did it. We all know they are not good with removals. I wouldn't have thought the "I didn't get my bills / my auto-debit didn't work" reason would work as I have read over and over on this site others giving the same reasons.

I guess, just like me, your request just landed in the right hands at the right time - just like many things in life that is sometimes what it takes, right time/right place.

Be sure to log into your account, go to "Manage Auto-Pay" and be sure it is set up with "Minimum Payment" as the "Select Amount". The other crazy thing I do now - I actually sit down for 20 minutes every Sunday, log into every credit account I have and check the status - I know, totally crazy Smiley Happy

Once again, congats!

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 8 of 14
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I do the same thing so don't worry, Between me and the wife we have 8 cards with balances currently, the utilization is killing my score. With that unpaid charge off my utilization was at 144% before I paid a bunch down, although the lower balances haven't reported yet. Hoping to get that charge off deleted!
Message 9 of 14
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

And we got 2k in CLIs yesterday :-D
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.