Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 wants to DV me????

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 wants to DV me????

I am looking for advice.  I sent a letter to Cap 1 CMRR asking them to delete an entry on my CR.  I rec'd a letter from them requesting a copy of the credit report on which I saw the info, last four digits of the account number which were included in the original letter, a copy of the original correspondence I sent to them, my full SS#, and the exact nature of my dispute and if I had any payment history disputes???

My letter was very specific and it stated the account number.  All they did was send back a letter requesting info from me, and stating that they will get back to me within 30 days from the date that they receive my letter with info.  This seems to be backwards, what should I do?  

They are skirting the issue and want to buy time, my gut reaction is if you can't validate that the entry on my CR is my debt then you will need to delete it.  They state that they can't take action on my request until I send them this info?????  It sounds like a fishing expedition.

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
itswink
New Contributor

Re: Cap 1 wants to DV me????

They are basically telling you to do a direct dispute in the correct format, is what it sounds like to me. Search here for examples.

Message 2 of 3
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 wants to DV me????

You cannot DV original creditor. Send direct dispute letter.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.