Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One App

tag
Kikimin
New Contributor

Cap One App

How long after having the Cap One secures card should I try for the platinum and QS1? Cap one secured not yet reporting but just curious how long it took to get approved. I had applied for Plat but was denied and got the secured card instead.
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One App

@Kikimin wrote:
How long after having the Cap One secures card should I try for the platinum and QS1? Cap one secured not yet reporting but just curious how long it took to get approved. I had applied for Plat but was denied and got the secured card instead.

I would try 90 days or so after opening the secured account.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience I waited about 5 months after having the card. However,  I have see others who have managed to get it after the first secured card statement cuts. Just keep checking thier pre qualify site. 

Message 3 of 5
Kikimin
New Contributor

Ok thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking 90 days too. I would love to get rid of credit one... I never thought I could find a card worst than first premier... I was wrong...
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW ... I've had the Cap One secured card for about two months now. It didn't report to the CBs until after my second statement. My Discover Secured reported basically immediately. 

I'm just a little higher than your scores, but have a fair number of baddies that I have to resolve. 

I check the pre-qual site almost daily, but am getting no love. I'm probably going to wait a month or more before I actually apply at this point. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.