Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Best Buy, Request TL delete?

tag
navyox
Regular Contributor

Cap One Best Buy, Request TL delete?

Cap One has so far refused to do anything about the 30 day late they reported back in April 2010.   Since they sold the accounts to Citi I was thinking that maybe they would be more willing to just delete the whole TL now.   My question is this, is getting rid of a 30 day late that is now 3.5 years old worth getting rid of in terms of score/hisotry on an otherwise clean TL that was opened in 11/2008 and closed in 9/2013 when Citi took over?

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One Best Buy, Request TL delete?

@navyox wrote:

Cap One has so far refused to do anything about the 30 day late they reported back in April 2010.   Since they sold the accounts to Citi I was thinking that maybe they would be more willing to just delete the whole TL now.   My question is this, is getting rid of a 30 day late that is now 3.5 years old worth getting rid of in terms of score/hisotry on an otherwise clean TL that was opened in 11/2008 and closed in 9/2013 when Citi took over?

I would personally say no. After 3.5 years, that 30 day late has very very little impact on your score. There is no need to get rid of an otherwise clean TL that shows you have managed your credit well (other than the one 30 day). I think that TL does more good for you than bad. That is just my opinin though. Someone else may have gotten something like that deleted and seen an improvement. 

Message 2 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If it is just one 30 day late it is no longer affecting your scores. The account will turn positive at 7 yrs when the 30 day late is removed and can stay on your CR for up to 10 yrs from date/yr closed. 

Message 3 of 4
navyox
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I will leave that one be totally. I'll focus on Macy's and the VA. Thanks again.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.