Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One CLI policy question

tag
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Cap One CLI policy question

My wife has a Cap One Plat that she has had for two years now and still has not hit the Steps increase.  She would forget to make the payment every few months.  Now that I have taken over the finances she will get one in a couple months.   I went to try for a CLI today and it came back denied for having a 60 day recently, which was in October apparently.  How long will Cap One deny a CLI for this reason?  And will she still get her Steps increase after making the five payments?

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One CLI policy question

@EAJuggalo wrote:

My wife has a Cap One Plat that she has had for two years now and still has not hit the Steps increase.  She would forget to make the payment every few months.  Now that I have taken over the finances she will get one in a couple months.   I went to try for a CLI today and it came back denied for having a 60 day recently, which was in October apparently.  How long will Cap One deny a CLI for this reason?  And will she still get her Steps increase after making the five payments?

According to Capital One's reasons for a denied CLI.

If a newer deliquent/derogatory account has been reported as they indicated to you. A CLI will not be considered for 12 months.

Most likely will not get a steps increase due to the 60 day late as well for 12 months from time reported.

The steps increase is promised when you first open the account. Making five on time payments. Sound like this was never and has yet to be accomplished.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.