Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One: Can requesting CLI backfire?

tag
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Cap One: Can requesting CLI backfire?

In brief I was denied a Cap One secured card right after BK 7 last Oct which was understandable since 3 of their cards were included for a very large sum. A couple of weeks the prequal indicated I was good to go for the QS1 and Plat. Went for the QS1 and got 2k. Upon receiving the card I see my name was off by one letter. Called CSR and she stated my ss was also off so she corrected the wrong items and sent new a new card. Last month the prequal came up with the Venture and QS. Approved for both Venture 15k and QS 3k.

Greed got the better part of me and hit the Cl increase button on the QS1 and was denied for Credit score too low for credit lines available. Since I believe I got the card because of a typo will any red flags be raised requesting CL increases? Thx for any insight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One: Can requesting CLI backfire?

are you stating that you got these cards with someone elses SSN  ?  By typo ?  If so, it is highly likely it will be uncovered and they will take action.  Not at all saying you did this on purpose, obviously it wasnt your error.  Id call CapOne  and make darn sure whose info they have on file !!!  

Message 2 of 3
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One: Can requesting CLI backfire?

The CSR stated my name and SS were off by one character which of course I was not aware of doing. She said no problem and put my right info in the system. Everything was correct applying for the Venture and QS.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.