Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Chat

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Chat

Sorry to hear about your outcome. Keep pounding them because they DO remove info. Idk if you saw my updated post but the EO that was investigating mine called me on Friday and informed me she was putting in a request to have my 30-60-90 day late removed from all of the bureaus. she also said she was sending me a letter reflecting this. I haven't gotten a score update but hoping to get some points.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 21 of 34
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

This is the email I sent them also that triggered the removal and got me in contact with the nice EO who took care of it. I will PM you the email I sent it to.

Hi, my name is XXXXXX and I am a consumer of Capital One. In September of 2012 after struggling to build credit I was super excited to learn that I could get a secure credit card with Capital One and slowly but surely build up my credit in hopes of securing a home mortgage for my family. After submitting my application I was approved for and received the Capital One secured card. In June of 2013 I attempted to sign up for auto bill pay through my bank and was under the influence that it had successfully went through and that my bill was being paid monthly as agreed upon. I did not receive any communication stating otherwise from Capital One or to put me under the impression that it wasn't being paid. In September of 2013 me and my wife applied for and attempted to secure our first home mortgage loan with a local bank. Upon pulling our credit, they informed me that my credit card was showing as 90 days past due! At this point my heart sank and I immediately made prompt payment in hopes of not only saving my account and reputation with Capital One but also in hopes of saving my credit. Little did I know it was too late so save my credit as the negative remarks had already been reported and we were denied and lost all chance of being able to get a home mortgage. Had I received mailings from Capital One informing me that the credit cards were late I would have taken care of it first thing. Over the last year and a half I have attempted to explain my situation to several CSRs as well as through credit disputes that the bill was not received to no avail. I was at the point of making a BBB complaint since I have been unable to find a human within Capital One that would understand that this mistake should not have happened and that bad things do happen to good people. Luckily the BBB site pointed me in your direction. I do not want to make a report against Capital One as you were the only ones who would give me a chance at credit when I was down and have been GREAT towards me over the years aside from this one issue. I am asking for help here, and that out of good faith we can come to a resolution and have these late's removed from my consumer reports and restore my reputation. The last 4 digits of my account number are XXXX and the last 4 digits of my SS# are XXXX. You can reply to me directly at my email XXXXXXX@gmail.com. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read this and I hope we can get this situation resolved in a way that works for me, as well as Capital One. Thank you for your services.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @cartwrna! I guess I have no other choice.

Congrats on getting those removed! Gives me an ounce of hope. Do you mind PMing me the EO info? Either way I will reply to their response because I hate that they put a "disagreement code" on your reports even when you are explicity asking for GW.

Message 23 of 34
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I just PMed you the info, good luck. I think it is hit and miss. The girl I spoke with was very understanding though, unlike anyone else I've ever spoke with at Cap1.
Message 24 of 34
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

That write up is the same one that I sent on chat, so I guess it could have been that that made it to the top as well. Although I think it ultimately was the email I shot off.
Message 25 of 34
luisnunez2
Established Member

Can you PM me the EO contact and the email address?  TIA!

Message 26 of 34
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Remove your card info. ASAP.

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 34
slund5499
Established Contributor

+1

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove my card info from where?
Message 29 of 34
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

It was my card info they were referring too, in my ZzzzQuil induced coma I thought I had everything X'd out, but missed my last 4 of card :-)
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.