Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Help

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Cap One Help

So they are reporting a duplicate account and saying you were late after paying it?

Message 11 of 18
koky
Frequent Contributor

yes..

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you pay/settle?

Message 13 of 18
koky
Frequent Contributor

I paid and settled in Jan...
Message 14 of 18
koky
Frequent Contributor

Yes Guiness...
Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have to investigate and make corrections, deletions as required.  They also have to let you know the outcome within 30 days.  If they don't they are in violation of the FCRA.

Here is a template to use.  The areas in red you can delete as they do not pertain to an OC .  The areas in blue, under the subparagraphs, are what you need to provide.  Be very specific.  Make sure you leave the subparagraphs.

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

►       (If sent to a debt collector, (CA), it might  be beneficial to also include the blurb:

►  “This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt
              validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b).”.
                  (don’t let them just simply sluff it off as a meaningless  DV letter)

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:
           (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include,  as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your  recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was  actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing  that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 16 of 18
Captain13

The exact same thing just happened to me overnight.  It cost me 30 points.  They reported it closed, 0 blance, paid for less than full on July 14th 2013.  I wake up this morning and they are reporting CO 90+ past due from the time of the original Charge off.  So They are reporting me late/pass due from Jan 2011 until July of 2013.  Even if they correct this tomorrow when I call Im almost 120% sure I wont get my points back.. MAJOR BS...

Message 17 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you just paid this off recently they can report you late every month until it was paid.  What they can't do is report you late after it was paid off.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.