Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Increase

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Increase

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

After my BK in January Cap1 gave me a QS and Platinum. 

But I cannot get a CL increase. 

After my BK, AMEX updated my credit record t show a deliquency in Oct 2015, the month I filed my BK, even though the account was closed/charged off 3 years ago. NO OTHER MONTH was updated other than Oct 2015. 

Because of this, when I request a CLI with Cap1, they point to this 'recent deliquency' and turn me down. 

I've disputed it months ago but nothing has changed. Still is listed as being disputed. 

Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat as you... My equifax doesn't show any delinquency other than a judgement that was included in my bk7 that was discharged in early Feb. I have both the QS1 & QS cards right after discharge & no Cli to this day.. I don't know if there's any way around this, but I thought I was the only one.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card offers the increase after the 2nd statement?  After my first statement, I got a notice that they would after 5 months of on time payments, would they still do an increase in 70 days?

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message in regards to seeing an increase after my 5th statement, however, I tested my luck and I am only at my 2nd statement and received a 100 increase on 1 and 500 increase on the other.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i guess the 70 day thing is more accurate than the 2nd statement. 70 days for me was may 20th i got the increase yesterday. I tried like twice before yesterday on both dang cards!!!!

Im quite new here... I just got my QS1 card in the mail today. (Waiting on my 2nd platinum to arrive... Piggybacked on that HP and got 2 cards.) is it 70 days after activation or application date? Thanks in advance 😊

Message 16 of 18
Dis0314
Established Member

I was slow to rebuilding but after about 6 months post Chp7 discharge we got a QS and a platinumfrom cap1 both at $2500.00 limits.. 

about 5 months later I remembered I needed to request the CLI to continue to rebuild credit so I clicked the button and a week later our Plat was $5k, and the QS was $3k.

Not bad for the first increase Smiley Happy

When is a good time to request for CLI again?

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dis0314 wrote:

I was slow to rebuilding but after about 6 months post Chp7 discharge we got a QS and a platinumfrom cap1 both at $2500.00 limits.. 

about 5 months later I remembered I needed to request the CLI to continue to rebuild credit so I clicked the button and a week later our Plat was $5k, and the QS was $3k.

Not bad for the first increase Smiley Happy

When is a good time to request for CLI again?

Ive heard Cap1 is every 6 months after your credit steps kick in.

I tried my second card again today and got the 2-3 day notice, probably for "card too new" even though the other one was increased already.  I will keep trying once a week until It increases than just wait for the credit steps.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.