Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum to QS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Platinum to QS

Back in December my mailbox was flooded with pre-approvals from Capital One Platinum MC offers (literally got 7 in a month).  I decided what the heck and applied and got 2 cards each with a $300 limit, no AF and Credit Steps program.  Pathetically low limits I know, but I was excited to have anything. Smiley Happy

I have made all payments on time and always several times throughout the month.  I haven't yet received a CLI which is frustrating to me, but when I initiated a chat they said that I will get it by the 7th statement (still 2 months out..grrr).

While I was on chat though, I decided to see if they had any upgrade offers for me and they did! They upgraded both my Cap One Platinum Cards to QS cards with no AF!!!  I am hoping to get those CLI soon, but I'm starting to feel like things are changing!  

Whoo hoo for rebuliding and Thank you to everyone on this forum for the great advice!   I would have never thought to ask for an upgrade before seeing it suggested here. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Platinum to QS

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in December my mailbox was flooded with pre-approvals from Capital One Platinum MC offers (literally got 7 in a month).  I decided what the heck and applied and got 2 cards each with a $300 limit, no AF and Credit Steps program.  Pathetically low limits I know, but I was excited to have anything. Smiley Happy

I have made all payments on time and always several times throughout the month.  I haven't yet received a CLI which is frustrating to me, but when I initiated a chat they said that I will get it by the 7th statement (still 2 months out..grrr).

While I was on chat though, I decided to see if they had any upgrade offers for me and they did! They upgraded both my Cap One Platinum Cards to QS cards with no AF!!!  I am hoping to get those CLI soon, but I'm starting to feel like things are changing!  

Whoo hoo for rebuliding and Thank you to everyone on this forum for the great advice!   I would have never thought to ask for an upgrade before seeing it suggested here. Smiley Happy

Very Cool! Congrats! I had to request mine a couple of days ago and they approved it.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you gone online and requested CLI's on your account management page?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did back in April when I first joined Myfico and started reading the boards.  Got denied, so I figured I would wait.  I just get so excited reading everyone else's CLI success stories that I have been stalking my Cap One account online ever since my 5th payment lol

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it again, it won't hurt anything. I've done them every month since last September like clockwork.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the love button, so we shall see!  Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do it again, it won't hurt anything. I've done them every month since last September like clockwork.

Hey Norman,

I thought you could only request or get a CLI every 6 months. Have you had success with any monthly requests? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can request them as often as you like. Their stated policy is to give them at 6 month intervals. But they are known to occasionally deviate from this by giving them as early as the third statement, followed by the auto-cli credit steps increase at the 6th.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.