Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum w/ Rebuilding

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Cap One Platinum w/ Rebuilding

Hey guys, I know it's been discussed at length that it's not a card that grows with you, but does anyone have an idea of the true ceiling of this card?  Almost exactly one year ago I started out on a pre approved offer w/ $500 limit.  It had as one of the conditions an automatic CL increase and 0 APR for a year.  Fast forward 6 months, and they gave me the auto increase to $750 (Not as much as I was hoping for, but I was still pretty low in the credit department so whatever works)  Fast forward another 6 months, and I call in to request another CL increase to no avail.  Has anyone managed multiple CL increases?  Does anyone know if this has the ability to be higher than 1k? 1.5k? 2k?  I'm waiting until next year to add another card to my portfolio, when I assume I'll be able to get a prime card, so I'm just trying to improve what I can for now on this. 

Any idea what goes into their formula for CL approvals? 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gsubbert

Re: Cap One Platinum w/ Rebuilding

Not sure of the upper limit but I was just approved for the same card with a $1000 starting CL

Message 2 of 3
Ms_Pooka
Established Member

Re: Cap One Platinum w/ Rebuilding

Same here, I started at $300, then an increase to $500 six months later. Now nothing...So I went back and did the prequal and got the rewards card with $1000 CL and 0%APR....I don't know what their deal is. But the new card also comes with a 6 month credit increase. Go figure.

Starting Myfico Scores: 6/16
EX 544
EQ 548
TU 577

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.