Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Randomly Reported?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Randomly Reported?

I'm paying down all of my balances over the new few weeks fortunately. but one card decided to report a full 9 days earlier than it ever has. If it's still going to report once the statement generates then this doesn't even matter at all, But if there a reason this happened, and why? It also isn't even reported correctly, it shows a highbalance of 169, current limit of 701, and CL of 850. the CL is correct, the current probably was(i've used it so idk what it was that day), but the high is obviously wrong. Anyone with experience with this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Randomly Reported?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm paying down all of my balances over the new few weeks fortunately. but one card decided to report a full 9 days earlier than it ever has. If it's still going to report once the statement generates then this doesn't even matter at all, But if there a reason this happened, and why? It also isn't even reported correctly, it shows a highbalance of 169, current limit of 701, and CL of 850. the CL is correct, the current probably was(i've used it so idk what it was that day), but the high is obviously wrong. Anyone with experience with this?

Call cap ones customer service and ask them to explain why your card apparently has reported out of cycle, and whether it will report normally after the next statement close.

I would suspect its just an error, but they should be able to check it out for you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Random rep had no clue. I don't think he even knew how reports work. Claimed cba wanted to know so they gave it to them. Which makes no sense why they'd report or why it's inaccurate. He did howeever manage to tell me my balance reports 3 days after my statement date. Which ofcourse is also incorrect as my balance always reports three days after my due date(my statement generate date) I'll wait the few days until that date and dispute If necessary. Why can't everywhere have smart reps like discover
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Random rep had no clue. I don't think he even knew how reports work. Claimed cba wanted to know so they gave it to them. Which makes no sense why they'd report or why it's inaccurate. He did howeever manage to tell me my balance reports 3 days after my statement date. Which ofcourse is also incorrect as my balance always reports three days after my due date(my statement generate date) I'll wait the few days until that date and dispute If necessary. Why can't everywhere have smart reps like discover

It been my experience that Cap One reports to the bureaus a few days AFTER the statement closes, and the statement closes three days after the payment due date.

Was there any disputing related to this account, for a late payment of something?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, nothin. Has to be some sort of error because the balances aren't even correct. The report date has been either the 22/23 for the past year(I'm thinking long months maybe has something yo do with it) but it's always on one of those. Like clockwork
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.