Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Reaging-HELP ME PLEASE

tag
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

Cap One Reaging-HELP ME PLEASE

Is Cap One Reaging my account and do I need to get an attorney?

Background : My Cap One fell off all reports this last month ( each report varied between 1/2009 and 6/2009 date). Score now over 700!!  Now mysteriously, I get a huge point ding and I discover  a BRAND NEW chargeoff with same account number and same balance with a  NEW DOFD as of 1/2009! Here is all the info I pulled from equifax. Two opened dates, huh? HELP

Account Number: Same account as earlier

Current Status: CHARGE-OFF 

Credit Limit: $2,000  

Date Opened: 2002/06 

Balance: $2,845  

Date Reported: 01/2009

Amount Past Due: $2,845 

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 01/2009 (previously 2/2002)

Charge Off Amount: $1,290   

Date of First Delinquency: 08/2002 (PREVIOUSLY 2/02 on ALL reports)

Comments: Charged off account,

Message Edited by spongebobsmom on 01-23-2009 02:42 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Cap One Reaging-HELP ME PLEASE

@spongebobsmom wrote:

Is Cap One Reaging my account and do I need to get an attorney?

Background : My Cap One fell off all reports this last month ( each report varied between 1/2009 and 6/2009 date). Score now over 700!!  Now mysteriously, I get a huge point ding and I discover  a BRAND NEW chargeoff with same account number and same balance with a  NEW DOFD as of 1/2009! Here is all the info I pulled from equifax. Two opened dates, huh? HELP

Account Number: Same account as earlier

Current Status: CHARGE-OFF 

Credit Limit: $2,000  

Date Opened: 2002/06  This is the date you opened your Cap One account

Balance: $2,845  

Date Reported: 01/2009  Date reported by Cap One to CRA

Amount Past Due: $2,845 

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 01/2009 (previously 2/2002) Not really important and is not the DOFD

Charge Off Amount: $1,290   

Date of First Delinquency: 08/2002  This is the date you need to worry about.  Fall off date is 7 -7.5 years from this date.  So it could fall off as late as early as Aug 2009 as late as Feb 2010.

Comments: Charged off account,

Unless the DOFD has changed it is not reaging.  It apparently came off your report early, which happens sometimes.  Cap One can and will more than likely report until the last possible day.

Do you have any reports that show a different DOFD?

Message Edited by guiness56 on 01-22-2009 12:15 PM
Message 2 of 6
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

I went through every single one of my past reports and they ALL say DOFD is 2/2002 NOT 8/2002 which is NOW being reported. My reports state that it was supposed to fall off  1/09 & 2/09 which it did and now it reappeared  with the new DOFD date. What gives? Also why the 2 opening dates being reported. Both dates are being reported as a single entity.How can I have opened the same account in 2 different years?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not seeing the two opened dates....looks like it was opened June 2002.

Do you know when the account was actually opened?

Is this beyond SOL?

Message 4 of 6
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

I figured out the 2 dates. My bad (I was freaking out over the new DOFD, I did not realize the reverse in dates) .BUT the DOFD has absolutely been changed on each report from 02/2002 to 08/2002. I have several original copies from each agency with the 02/2002 date. New report says DOFD is 08/2002.

Yes it is out of SOL. It looks like I opened it in 2001.

Message Edited by spongebobsmom on 01-23-2009 02:58 AM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you know what the DOFD should be, it is hard to say if they have re-aged.

It is clear they have changed the DOFD, but was it wrong to begin with or wrong now? You'll only know if you know the actual DOFD.

There is only 6 months between the two DOFD, which FCRA states the CRTP begins 6 months(180 days) after the actual DOFD.

Seeing as you have your past reports, I would dispute with the CRA stating "this account was previously reported with a FCRA Compliance Date of 02/2002 and was removed from my report, now it is reinserted with a new FCRA Compliance Date"

Do you have copies of recent reports that show this item gone?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.