Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Rebuilder Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Rebuilder Program

Not for my mom yet. I'm planning on chatting today or tomorrow and see what they say
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got done chatting. After Tyson got done explaining how the rebuilder works (not that I needed to be told lol) he finally said that it would report after the 7th statement cuts. Which is 10 days for mom. We'll see what happens then.
Message 12 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

Erin28 wrote: I just recieved my $500.00 increase with this program...I assume that means I've graduated the program. The card that I have is a Platinum...Can this card eventually be switched over to a QS card, and will the limit ever increase at all?

Very much yes.  My World Mastercard started out as a platinum rebuilder 3k to 3.5k.  And my Quicksilver was an old Orchard Bank buy out that started with a 300 dollar limit.  I now have nearly 25k in credit with them with no apps since my rebuilding days.

You need to use the card a lot, and pay it in full every month.  As soon as it has been six months since your last increase, hit the love button on the website for a limit increase request.  If you are not approved, look at the reason why, fix it, and try again in a month.  Repeat indefinitely.  That means ask again six months after any approval, and one month after any denial.

Once you are in the 700's, contact a chat rep for a product change to Quicksilver.  This will transition you from the high-risk arm of Capital One to the regular credit card company.  They are really like two companies.  Different reps, different policies, etc.  Once you have a top tier card from them, keep asking for limit increases until you get above 5k, then start asking for a product change to a Visa Signature or World Mastercard.  Use the execs if necessary, but only as a last resort and only once you've shown yourself to be a good customer with good credit.

The best part is, as you upgrade the cards, the description will change on your credit report.  Instead of a closed, low tier card showing for a decade, the open line will show it's current type.  

Good luck!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you can PC a regular Platinum card but can you PC a graduated Rebuilder Platinum? I don't think anyone has had the card long enough to know yet
Message 14 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Is this a program that is still in affect ? I've tried looking into it but can't find it listed anywhere on their website . I would love to be able to do it
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if it's still available. I can't find anything on it either but I know for a fact that my mom has one.
Message 16 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

OK thanks , how did she get it ? Was it listed on thier site at one time
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone here posted a link to it but the link no longer works. I can't remember if she used the link or if it was recommended on the prequal page.
Message 18 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

rmduhon27 wrote: I know you can PC a regular Platinum card but can you PC a graduated Rebuilder Platinum? I don't think anyone has had the card long enough to know yet

Yes.  The black card in my signature line was a platinum rebuilder.  It graduated and got the auto CLI, and I've product changed it a couple of times since then.  It is now a World Mastercard with a limit of 16,500.

Note that the Platinum Rebuilder is not the Secured Mastercard.  These are two different products, and the OP was referring to the former.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:

rmduhon27 wrote: I know you can PC a regular Platinum card but can you PC a graduated Rebuilder Platinum? I don't think anyone has had the card long enough to know yet

Yes.  The black card in my signature line was a platinum rebuilder.  It graduated and got the auto CLI, and I've product changed it a couple of times since then.  It is now a World Mastercard with a limit of 16,500.

Note that the Platinum Rebuilder is not the Secured Mastercard.  These are two different products, and the OP was referring to the former.

Just to be sure - are you referring to the apparently short-lived "rebuilder card" program that Cap One started at the end of 2015, where they issued a Platinum card with a $100 limit, that did not report to CRA's until after it was six months old, whereupon it would "graduate" with a CLI, and would begin reporting as long as all payments were made on time - you had THAT rebuilder card and its now a WMC?  Or did you begin with the "Platinum Card" that Cap One has been issuing for many years now to people that are rebuilding their credit that has the "credit steps" automatic CLI at 6 months?

I believe OP is referring to the card described in this thread

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.