cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One card finder pre-approval not working

tag
tatum4315

Cap One card finder pre-approval not working

I just tried Cap One's card finder tool and the response was " we couldn't match your records to a card offer." I was hoping to get the secured MC, but don't want to waste a hard pull. Fico EQ-604, Fico TU- 619 with four unpaid charge offs from four years ago. Mortgage and auto loan are current. Are the charge offs reason enough for secured card denial?

Thank you,

Tatum

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One card finder pre-approval not working

@tatum4315 wrote:

I just tried Cap One's card finder tool and the response was " we couldn't match your records to a card offer." I was hoping to get the secured MC, but don't want to waste a hard pull. Fico EQ-604, Fico TU- 619 with four unpaid charge offs from four years ago. Mortgage and auto loan are current. Are the charge offs reason enough for secured card denial?

Thank you,

Tatum

Hmm... sounds like it is working.  I remember once I tried an online dating service and got "no results".  Kind of the same thing.

Message 2 of 6
tatum4315

The card finder tool responded with " we couldn't match your records to a card offer, but based on your answers, we think you might like this card." The tool listed Cap One Platinum and two other cards as options.

Thanks,

Tatum

Message 3 of 6
Wonderyears
New Contributor

tatum, The same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. I was trying to avoid a secured card so went ahead and tried one of the suggested (platinum). I was approved instantly. Only a $500 limit, but I can live with that for a start. Now offers are rolling in the mail, whatever that means. I have recently checked my scores since then through myFico(since I had no recent activity, I guess they couldn't produce one) and they show 715 tu, 768 eq, somehow (my reports were loaded with baddies, but time heals I guess..). But I also have an unpaid judgement from 2010 on my tu, and it was still approved. This was the first card I applied for in 8-9 years. Now I just need a few more. Good luck on your journey! I say go for it!
myFico TU-715 EQ-778 (01.14.2013) WalmartTU-664 (12.12.12))

LENDER PULL EQ-766 EX-779 TU-713 (12.20.2012)
Message 4 of 6
ficophobic
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I got the platinum with a $300 limit.
Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 529
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Hubby got a 2K limit with low 600s. It was increased to 3K after 6 months. Cap one is great for rebuilding. It has been a few years, but I would think you would get atleast a 500CL unsecured. Good luck. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.