Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One inquiry score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One inquiry score increase?

Hi I am in the process of rebuilding and someone over on the credit card mentioned i should apply for a Capital One. My scores are 591, 609 and 610 through myfico. I applied and to me surprise was i was approved for a QS card with a 500 dollar limit even though i have an old charged off account with them already. Im just surprised that i get 3 alerts that i have activity on my report and my transunion and experian didnt budge but equifax increased 2 points. is this normal? once my TL hits my reports will i see a decrease until i have some history with the card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One inquiry score increase?

Bump

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago was your charge off with them? I had a CO with them that I paid about a month ago. Eventually I want a card with them again because it apparently grows well. And I have my car loan with them.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How long ago was your charge off with them? I had a CO with them that I paid about a month ago. Eventually I want a card with them again because it apparently grows well. And I have my car loan with them.

It was charged off in 2011. I'm in a payment arrangement now with portfolio for it. 

Message 4 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

Maybe adding the "revolving line" increased your score via "credit mix" and offset the inquiry hit.  My scores climbed fast by adding a few positive trade lines (CC's and Shared Secured Loan) and gardening them for 6 months, even though I took a small hit for adding the inquirys to app for them. I also worked on weeding off a paid charg-off and when It got removed my scores dropped 10-15 points because it was my oldest account and dropped my AAoA a bunch. fico is a strange bird to figure out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.