Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One non-collection collection accounts & NY FCRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One non-collection collection accounts & NY FCRA

For the NY FCRA rules, do you need to presently be a NY resident, or could you have been a NY resident at the time of the "baddie"?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

current NY resident, even if you just moved to NY

But if you move away (as I probably will) before the 7 federal (usual) CRTP is up, the deleted accounts could rise from the dead.  I'm hoping that since the OC "deleted", that won't happen if move next year . . .  we'll see.

Message Edited by jesslyn on 08-06-2009 06:20 PM
Message 12 of 15
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Sidewinder & Robert. The debt does not have to be sent to a collection agency, if it's a CO and paid, the 5 year rule applies. Everything else is irrelevant:

no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information:

accounts... charged to profit and loss, which have been paid and which antedate the report by more than five years

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I said, pretty crazy that EX disagreed and basically refused to follow NY's FCRA.

But really happy that Cap One took care of the problem!

Message 14 of 15
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Sorry for getting this Tread going again, but I am in this same sitution. It fits perfect, so thats why I didn't want to start a new one.

Did anyone else have any sucess with a Paid Settled account with Cap 1 that EX refuses to remove? What is the address I can send a letter to for Cap1? Jesslyn, do you have a copy or outline of what you wrote and to whom? Any information would be greatful because I need this off and I want to buy a house soon!

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.