Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One reporting as CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One reporting as CA?

Hello,

I had 3 Cap One Credit cards I let go bad in 2011.  Two of them unsecured and one secured.  The 2 unsecured cards had a final balance of $1000-1200 and were recently sold to MCM CA.  The secured card had a final balace of $301 and Cap One kept that account.  I worked with MCM to agree to a payment plan in exchange for them not to report to bureaus.  (Got it in writing).  Since the balance with Cap One on the secured card was small and I was barking up the wrong tree for a PFD, I decided to just pay them, that was last month.  This month in my monthly credit update, I see that there is a new CA report.  The OC field is left blank, but the CA name is listed as "CAP ONE" on the report.  Account status: "PAID" and a balance of $0.  How can Cap One do this?  They never sold the debt and now I show charge of from OC and a CA all listed as Cap One?  Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One reporting as CA?

Cap One should only be showing as an OC. So, they are showing the same account as a revolving and collection acct? Very odd. I would dispute the collection as a duplicate acct.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.