Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One reporting early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One reporting early?

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm currently rebuilding my credit after a BK in Sept 15. I have 1 credit one (since September and yes I have plans to get rid of it), and two Capital One cards. I've had my QS 1 card since Dec 15 and I recently applied for a Platinum and was approved 2 weeks ago. Ok so this is where it gets weird, my statement cut date for my QS1 is on the 18th of every month. My Credit One statement cut date is the 8th of every month. I recently checked my credit report (via CCT) and Cap 1 reported a balance I still have on there. I usually pay it down for 10% but it's the first of the month....nooo way closer to the 18th or even 4 days after that.. Did they report early because I was approved for the new card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One reporting early?

It never did that for me and hubby. Are you sure it's not the new card? I've gotten off on which card was reporting, hubby has 3 that I'm AU on and I have 3 of my own.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure, when I apply for a new Cap One card, does Cap one report my previous card balance? I don't know how it works. Also, my new card isn't even on my credit report yet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure, when I apply for a new Cap One card, does Cap one report my previous card balance? I don't know how it works. Also, my new card isn't even on my credit report yet.

Never seen that happen before, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It should report normally after the statement closes. Minor bumps in UTI reported are not something to worry over, as long as you can keep things under control.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thanks, I was just worried because my goal is to show Cap One I use the card a lot but also to pay it all down before the statement cuts. If it just pulls randomly, I'm not sure how I will balance that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.