Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One secured card update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One secured card update

I received a letter from Capital One informing me that I've been approved for a card, and yesterday I received an email  that I am "officially a Capital One card customer".  Yay!  I haven't received the card yet but at least it's coming.   This means so much to me right now because it's a new beginning and a sign things are turning around, finally, after working so hard to pay down my debt.  I will now have three active trade lines that I can use to build my file back up, though two are fullly secured and one is partially secured and all with small limits, but it's a start.    I'm hoping that with all the auto-pays I've set up to avoid lates from now on, and continuing to pay down my balances, I'll see some score increase this year.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One secured card update

Congrats!!!  Keep working hard and you will see improvement.  The info on these boards is invaluable.  Don't get discouraged if you have some bumps along the way.  Just keep on truckin' ahead and you will see progress.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a letter from Capital One informing me that I've been approved for a card, and yesterday I received an email  that I am "officially a Capital One card customer".  Yay!  I haven't received the card yet but at least it's coming.   This means so much to me right now because it's a new beginning and a sign things are turning around, finally, after working so hard to pay down my debt.  I will now have three active trade lines that I can use to build my file back up, though two are fullly secured and one is partially secured and all with small limits, but it's a start.    I'm hoping that with all the auto-pays I've set up to avoid lates from now on, and continuing to pay down my balances, I'll see some score increase this year.

congrats on getting started.  i started with about same score,  and the cards really helped me. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the encouragement!    I've tried probably five or six times to get into a Cap one card and I finally got my foot in the door!  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.