Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one EO GW letter sent on Dec 26th

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one EO GW letter sent on Dec 26th

So I sent a gw letter to the EO office on the 26th, today I get a call but I missed it so I call back, a lady by the name of Adriana picks up and sounds so nice!! She said she has to look into the account and asked me a question in regards to my reasons of getting my account charged off. She then said she would call me back Monday.

Should I be happy? Is it a good sign??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one EO GW letter sent on Dec 26th

I had the same thing happen. I'm hopeful. Crossing fingers. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I sent a gw letter to the EO office on the 26th, today I get a call but I missed it so I call back, a lady by the name of Adriana picks up and sounds so nice!! She said she has to look into the account and asked me a question in regards to my reasons of getting my account charged off. She then said she would call me back Monday.

Should I be happy? Is it a good sign??

It truly is hard to tell. Depending what your letter said. And if what ever your situation was brings empathy to their hearts. The EO rep you spoke to has  to bring your information/case to their superior to get it approved. First you have to convince the EO rep you spoke with that you deserve a second chance and if she wants to help you she will then have to convince her superior to approve.  When I requested 2 charged off accounts to be GW deleted by Cap1 they called me as well and the EO rep told me that he felt he could help me out, but he said no promises. A few days later he called me back and said he got the approval to delete them.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@donny10

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing this letter in order to request your help and understanding. During 2011 I had a family passing in El Salvador, I left to El Salvador for months to tend for the family members who where devastated and affected by the death. Unfortunately during that time I neglected my responsibilities at home, which cost me my capital one card going into collection, and charged off. I have since then paid off that charge off in full. Now Capital one has given me a second opportunity, I was currently granted 2 new credit cards ending in xxxx and xxxx. I hope you can find it in your heart to also give my credit history that second chance.

Me and my wife just had our first born child and are currently trying to purchase our first home, but this negative on my report is stopping any further progress in the process I am begging for forgiveness and for a “goodwill adjustment” to my report in form of a trade line removal from all 3 credit reporting agencies. My little family and I would sincerely appreciate your kind gesture. I would like to thank you in advance for the help you may provide.

You may contact me through my address above, email or telephone.
(would prefer email) Thank you again.

Yours truly

Alan G. Santos

I just did a honest letter, how could I have made it better??? Any suggestions. And I'm sure I have a tons of grammatical errors. 😆
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were the EO rep, I would go to bat for you!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

She sounded so nice. I hope it comes off. I won't have any negatives after that is removed but just a 30 day late for Wells Fargo cc. I'll try to get them also.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@donny10 She also told me no promises and saidy letter was very self explanatory, she asked if I had anything else to add to the process. Im at work and totally went blank on anything to add. She then told me no promises but she would review the case and give it her best shot.
Message 7 of 9
Caitt
Regular Contributor

I recently talked to a lady named Susan I'm hoping she deletes my lates ;(
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@santos1527- My opinion is, they will delete it. I also have 2 Cap1 cards with them in good standing and did at the time of my request. Mine were removed last month..Both of them 2 days after the EO rep called me with the approval both were gone from all 3 CRA's. He sent me a letter with an authorization number. He told me to never lose the letter they sent in case there was ever an issue. I had a collection agency for each charge off as well and just paid both off. One agency has already deleted and I am working on GW'ING the second now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.