Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one recon

I'm so mad at myself. I have been reading about people getting approved for the cap one quicksilver with low scores but they have history with them with a secured card. Hubby has 2 secured cards with them and great history. We are trying to get a mortgage and they Said he needs more lines of credit that aren't so low ($200, $500) so he told me to go ahead and apply for the quicksilver and he got denied. Pulled all 3 reports and dinged his score -7,-10,-12. I'm so upset for talking him into it! What's the chances of him getting a manual review and at least getting a platinum or quicksilverone? My credit is ALOT worse than his and I just upgraded mine to a quicksilver. I think his issue is he has no big credit lines. Thank you all for your advice.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one recon

Cap1 really doesn't have recon like Chase and Barclay. It will be tough getting their decision over turned. I would unfortunately wait 45 days and try again if you choose.

Cap1 Quicksilver Visa, or QS1? What are his scores?

Message 2 of 22
redneck18
Contributor

If he already has two secured cards with cap one this is most likely why he was denied. Pay off one, close it, then reapply. Just make sure he doesn't apply more than twice in 30 days. That will be an automatic denial and start the 30 day clock over again.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

We went for the quicksilver. I know they have the quicksilver one which he is okay with an annual fee (he's paying one with the secured cards.) His scores are around 599 he has 2 small collections $120 that we are paying soon. Do you think they will do a manual review? The only reason we tried is because I've read so many success stories Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

One has a zero balance. Should he just go ahead and close that one?
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been in contact with a really sweet lady from the EO about my accounts. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow to see if we can get him approved for at least a platinum or a QS1. After we close one secured.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO, I don't think at this point he would be approved for the VISA Quicksilver. That is considered a Prime Card with Cap1. Needs to get the score into at least 650 plus.

A collection in FICO's eye is a collection. Big or small, scored the same way.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been in contact with a really sweet lady from the EO about my accounts. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow to see if we can get him approved for at least a platinum or a QS1. After we close one secured.

How long has he had the secured cards? 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

He's had one for 1.5years. And the other for 7 months.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

His credit(and our wallet) are still recovering from his defaulted $5K we just settled on. Mortgage company wanted that gone and for him to have 2-3 lines of credit that weren't secured
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.