Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one surprise CLI :-)

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Cap one surprise CLI :-)

Woohoo! My husband never really had bad credit; he just never had any credit. Couple of years ago, he was a victim of ID theft. After about a year of straightening everything out and battling the thin credit issue we were able to get him a Capital one secured CC (on second try). I log on to his account (which I manage for him) and low and behold he went from his secured $200 limit to $500…….Baby steps I know, but from not being able to get a pack of gum on credit to a surprise increase is exciting! Smiley Happy

Now, I have had my card for 2.5 years, no lates and have never had a increase….grrrr....Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap one surprise CLI :-)

@savings4tomorrow wrote:

Woohoo! My husband never really had bad credit; he just never had any credit. Couple of years ago, he was a victim of ID theft. After about a year of straightening everything out and battling the thin credit issue we were able to get him a Capital one secured CC (on second try). I log on to his account (which I manage for him) and low and behold he went from his secured $200 limit to $500…….Baby steps I know, but from not being able to get a pack of gum on credit to a surprise increase is exciting! Smiley Happy

Now, I have had my card for 2.5 years, no lates and have never had a increase….grrrr....Smiley Mad

Grats to him Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Congrats to your husband!

How long did he have the account before the increase? Did he always pay in full before the cut off date?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 4
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello!

Congrats to your husband!

How long did he have the account before the increase? Did he always pay in full before the cut off date?

The The card was opened 2/2013.  He runs a small balance, probably less that 20-25 per month.  I think I only paid it in full one months. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.