Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 30 day removal success !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 30 day removal success !!!

I had a 30 day late back in jan 2014, today I received a call from EO that they will removal the 30 "may take up to 60 days). Question, besides algorithms how many points do you think i would roughly get back? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 30 day removal success !!!

Congratulations on the removal! From what I understand, that is typically not an easy accomplishment with CapOne!

As for the point, I will let others who are more knowledgable comment, however I believe it really depends on what else is within your profile, coupled with 30 day Kate's losing much of their sting over time. With this being about 18 months ago, you may have already lost a fair chunk of the bite. The PLUS that I see is that it is one more positive TL!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you say to them? lol

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly, I spoke to EO not CSR. I then explained to them what i was going to write and mail out on my GW letter. I F'd up we're all humans ,I have a family and plan on buying a house, but most importantly i constantly move back and fourth and I didn't receive any mail and really back then was the only way i would know that my bill was due and paid it. Ive been a member since 2004 and have never missed a payment so its very unlike me to do so. Good luck, and know that anything is possible .
Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the goodwill Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys!
Message 6 of 13
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!  I have two 30 day lates one with Cap1 and the other with Macys. My score dropped signifigantly (40+) when they were reported to ALL 3 CRAs. I am going to send the GW email to the EO email address and wait for them to give me a call. I have two credit card accounts with them. One since 2012 and the other 2013....no other lates. Hoping that I have the same success. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 13
luvlymee
Established Member

I am planning to send a gw letter to Capital One to remove late payments. Can you tell me what EO stands for? Also, would you mind sharing the contact information? I don't know who to address my request to...thanks for any info!
Message 8 of 13
luvlymee
Established Member

Message 9 of 13
Deuce2

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: ???
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.