Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Chargeoff Gonna Give Up.

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 Chargeoff Gonna Give Up.

Hey All,

It seems like Capital One is not very friendly at all. I hear sometimes they will make GW adjustments for late payments but that's the farthest I have ever heard them do anything for a customer. I settled a Cap 1 CC back in 2010 and I regret doing it. I wish I would have did a PFD but I did not, I have tried to contact executive office to BBB to Consumer protection to try and get this charge off deleted but I don't think it will ever happen. It will drop from my reports in 2016 but as anyone who is on the road to rebuilding we simply do not want to wait that long if we do not have to!!

on equifax it reports as a 0 balance charge off, experian reports as a o balance settled account and transunion it is reporting the same as experian. I know down the road as I am establishing good payment history which I have about 8 months of but I am just trying to polish my CR so that in about 5-6 yrs I can purchase a house. I was discharged from BK in June but I am trying to stay positive. Since this community is full of bright individuals so I thought id ask for advice. I searched the whole community and have never heard about anyone getting a charge off removed by Cap 1. Should I just wait it out?

thanks myfico family.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Chargeoff Gonna Give Up.

I have one of those too, and you are right, they are not going anywhere. Good news is, if it falls off on 2016, that will be before you app for a home. The impact of it is probably pretty small at this point anyways. Focus your energy elsewhere, but you can always send a monthly GW letter in the mean time. It never hurts.

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, but haven't sent out a goodwill yet. I am going to make it known though that I now bank with them and me and my wife both have a credit card with them.. I hope that'll give me a tad bit of leverage. 

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting of a charge off is the reporting that the debt has reached such a level and duration of delinquency that they considered it to have become uncollectible.

It is much more than the consumer having simply been late in payment.  Not surprising that they, or any creditor, would take a tougher stance on good will deletion.

Message 4 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Good luck with Cap1.  I consider them one of the Big Three (Cap1, Verizon and Sallie Mae).  From my personal experience, they are one of the hardest lenders to GW/PFD out of the ones out there.  There are others but these three seem to come up often in terms of people on this site not having success with them.  Keep trying.  I had SM remove 1x90 day late from 2010 and Cap1 remove 1x60 day late from 2011.  Verizon has told me they will ignore all further attempts to communicate with them Smiley Happy bastards!

I keep sending out the GW's and I suggest you do the same.  Just don't expect anything and you may be pleasantly surprised one random day with a GW correction.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Yeah guys/gals,

VWZ is hard to get deleted. I am actually in the middle of email excs from VWZ. But CAP1 will not budge so I have given up. My VWZ is in IIB but the removal date is 2/2019 ! GOSH DANG! and my bk is removed 2022 lol.. By 2022 ill in in great shape but come on I dont want to wait that long!

in 24 months I know ill be in good condition on approvals because of good history on my 3 tradelines I have now but I just want to polish my report!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, not to highjack the thread, but i'm curious because mine says charged off but still had a balance and reported every month, someone was collecting for them, they never sold the account. So if they had someone collect it for them, why would they consider it uncollectible. Hm.. I wonder if that is just an automated thing..

Message 7 of 9
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Uncollectable just means the company doesnt anticipate the consumer paying the debt.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, well I paid it. Just sent the CEO an email begging for forgiveness. Lets see if anyone responds.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.