cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 GW = current acct now not reporting at all?

tag
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Cap1 GW = current acct now not reporting at all?

I've been sending out GW letters every couple of months for the past six months, and Cap1 is one of my targets.  Every time, they send me back a letter asking to clarify my dispute (as if I were contesting the veracity of the claim, not just asking for GW).  I was just looking at my report and noticed that they've marked my acct "Acct in dispute - reported by consumer" on EX and TU.  Also, EX and TU are now not including the Cap1 credit limit or balance into my calculated totals, or even counting it as an open credit card at all.  This is unfortunate since Cap1 is my highest CL by 5x and has a $0 balance.

To clarify: I'm using CreditSecure via AmEx.  In my account details, it DOES say "open" under Cap1, but it also says "acct in dispute."  In my credit summary, it only lists that I have 2 credit cards (Cap1 is the third) and shows my total credit limit between all lines as $900 (when it should be $3400...ouch).  This is only for EX and TU.  EQ is reporting normally. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  I want to keep trying to GW them (I have a 90-day late from early 2008), but I don't want to prevent the acct from reporting the limit/balance in the meantime.  Should I try calling instead, maybe?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 GW = current acct now not reporting at all?

I'd give it some time (month or so) and it'll self-correct. It isn't that uncommon for a TL to be marked in dispute after sending a GW. Try rewording and shortening your GWs. While CreditSecure isn't remotely related to anything FICO, FICO scoring also omits the balance and CL in FICO scoring if the dispute comment appears anywhere within the comments.

Message 2 of 5
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Okay, that's about what I thought.  I've had GW success with several other accounts and am hoping to wear down Cap1 as well.  Smiley Happy  Thanks!

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I suggest that you include, as an introductory paragraph in any future GW letter, that"

"This is not a dispute of accuracy of any credit reporting on your part, under either FCRA 611(a) of FCRA 623(a)(8).  It thus requries NO reporting of an "account under dispute" status to any credit reporting agency.  This is only a personal request for consideration on my part."

Message 4 of 5
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Perfect!  Thanks!!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.