Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 GW denied again

tag
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 GW denied again

So I only have 6 baddies reporting on my CRs.  Unfortunaly 5 of those are Cap1 cards.  (3 were HSBC that went negative at the same time Cap1 bought them)

I have spoken with 4 different people at the EO office multiple times.  However this poor girl that called me back, I had to unleash my anger. I feel terrible but I am so tired of seeing all these people get GWs with Cap1.   My CO's were a true financial hardship.  Every credit acccount I had durring that time shows negative items during that period.  I explained that being over $50K in charged off/bad debt, I didn't file BK. I fought back and paid all past due money owed.  I could have stiffed them but didnt.  

I explained to her that it is not illegal for Cap1 to not report the negative information.  I also told her to look at this website and get some true knowledge on what Cap1 might do.  

I did notice that one of hte cards which was HSBC that was CO by cap1 does not show any positive info for the 5 years before I had that card.  With that being said, incorrect reporting could get that removed no?   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
itswink
New Contributor

Re: Cap1 GW denied again

Being rude to them probably got some nasty notes added to your account, the only way a goodwill will work is if you are nice!

Keep attempting the GW, one letter a month.

Message 2 of 7
growing123
Regular Contributor

@denver133 wrote:

So I only have 6 baddies reporting on my CRs.  Unfortunaly 5 of those are Cap1 cards.  (3 were HSBC that went negative at the same time Cap1 bought them)

I have spoken with 4 different people at the EO office multiple times.  However this poor girl that called me back, I had to unleash my anger. I feel terrible but I am so tired of seeing all these people get GWs with Cap1.   My CO's were a true financial hardship.  Every credit acccount I had durring that time shows negative items during that period.  I explained that being over $50K in charged off/bad debt, I didn't file BK. I fought back and paid all past due money owed.  I could have stiffed them but didnt.  

I explained to her that it is not illegal for Cap1 to not report the negative information.  I also told her to look at this website and get some true knowledge on what Cap1 might do.  

I did notice that one of hte cards which was HSBC that was CO by cap1 does not show any positive info for the 5 years before I had that card.  With that being said, incorrect reporting could get that removed no?   

You could send a direct dispute to Cap1 if they're not reporting correctly and there is a chance that they don't have the complete file from HSBC and could delete. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 3 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

It's a possibility. Give it a whirl. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no luck with Cap One either. Keep your head up and keep trying! Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

My Cap1 GW has not been successful so far either......

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no success with capital one. I have a car loan never late and 2 cards never late with them and they won't GW my old car loan for 1 30 and 1 60 day late payment even though I called at the time, explained that the car fell apart and I was trying to get it fixed. I even traded it in 3 months later and had the loan paid off and they won't take off that 30 and 60 days. I just email or call them every so often. Maybe it will work eventually.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.