Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 GW removals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 GW removals?

I have sent a few emails to the Richard Fairbanks email and have not recieved any respoonse back in two weeks, by phone or email.  I keep looking thru my credit report and one company keeps coming up, Capital One.  Capital One Auto Finance, Captial One/ Best Buy, Capital One Credit.  How did they give me new credit a month ago is beyond me haha.  

Anyway, I was in a bad place in 2012 and in 2015.  I was just back from Afghanistan in 2012, moved into a 'Low Income" housing which was taking up over 50% of my monthly checks and car payment was taking up the rest.  I fell behind on My Best buy cards by along ways.  I have multiple 90+ day lates even up to 120+ days late.  

In 2015 I was making $10/hr and my bills were killing me, had too much going out for bills and not enough coming in, got a credit card to help me out and it lasted a month and I couldnt Pay it.  My car loan went 60-90 days lat and I would make a lump sum payment and let it go late again.  

How do I approach Capital One on any one of my accounts with them let alone 4?  These are literally my only late payments on my credit report and there is a billion of them (like 47 lates over 60 days).  Do I GW jut one at a time and wait until it gets accepted than move on to the next?  Do I start with the most current and work my way backwards?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 GW removals?

Damn, noones been thru this and has any advice?  

I wish all of my lates were with different companies but sadly most of them are Cap1

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working on goodwill ingredients cap1 myself, haven't had success yet. I have 2- 90 day lates with the latest as of July 2015. I have been trying since September to get them removed. They are my only lates as well, I can't give any advice on strategy yet as I am batting .000 but I'm not giving up.
Message 3 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

If you've been late too many times I don't think the odds would be in your favor but it won't hurt a bit to keep nagging them...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't say for sure but I would do one at a time.  The oldest first.  Be extremely nice and grateful that they gave you credit again and ask that they remove this one as you have had excellent payments for however long it's been for you.  I would use sincerely at the end.  If you can get them to remove the one.  I say go for another and so on.  You never know what they will do!  Cap One is still a mystery to me and I have 3 cc's with them dating back to about 15 yrs on the one.  Never say never.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.