Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 GoodWill Success...Maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 GoodWill Success...Maybe?

I've been trying for a month to get some late payments removed. There are about 6 late payments out of 6.5 yrs of perfect payment history. I sent a letter (snail mail) and got the usual, we'll put a disagreement code on your report. Whatever that means. Then I started emailing. Well, Thursdya night at 8PM I got a call from a nice sounding man asking me to return his call. Unfortunately, I didn't get the voicemail until 10pm Friday night. 

I'm calling them this morning, wish me luck. If I get a few ones removed, coupled with my UTI being below 10%, I hope to see my mortage scores jump to the 620s-630s (currently 620, 597 & 592).

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 GoodWill Success...Maybe?

So, Cap1 called and said they won't do anything. They'll continue to show the lates charging. I didn't recieve an answer as to why that decision other than the information is accurate (which wasn't the issue.)

I'm not happy with the outcome but what should I do? In November and December my last 2 late payments will be a 1yr old. But i'm trying to apply for a mortgage within the next few months. My DTI is 20%, i've got the money saved up, my Utilization is about 9% now. Should I resend the Goodwill letter? Really, I want my middle score to at least..AT LEAST get to 620. 640 would be nice but i'm realistic.

Btw, I at least got a better response by emailing the Goodwill letter vice snail mail. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.