cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Platinum Upgrade after 1st Statement!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Platinum Upgrade after 1st Statement!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't understand why they will give you a prime card after only being approved for a sub prime. I'm not complaining though!

All of the sub-prime cards Cap1 offers are meant as a gateway to Prime accts. Cap1 has been very aggressive lately about the way the market their products and to whom they point it. It's very odd that these are not highly advertised cards and I've never seen a commercial focusing on them but there are currently 4 CC's I think that fall in this category; the brand new Rebuilder, Secured, QS1 & Plat. and I'm not sure why this one will upgrade so fast but I'm thankful it does.

Message 41 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

I have CAP1 Patinum and QS1 cards now. What is the benefit to upgrading the Platinum to QS?

Both of these cards are considered sub-prime accts but that is not really the issue. The Platinum QS PC gets you a prime acct that gives 1.5% cash back on every purchase and once both cards hit the 6mth point they can be combined into 1 CC with the total CL of the 2 seperately. This is a benefit to those that would like to add more cards with Cap1 since they limit the amount of accts you can have.

I think (but not positive) that the prime cards won't show up in a pre-qual request until you have these out of sub-prime status. All in all it's a win-win and It's good to have a positive encounter with a CC provider instead of all the NO's we tend to hear at this point in our journey's. It was an emotion booster for me!!!

I'm confused. The QS1 that I already have has 1.5% rewards. When I paid it to 0 balance yesterday, I had like $85 in rewards and she said they will mail me a check. I was told once my Plat MC becomes a QS or whatever, I can go online and combine my 0 balance QS! with this new no AF QS or whtever it is. I was under the impression it was the same thing I already had, since I was getting 1.5% already. Where am I wrong?

Yes it is BUT it's still a sub-prime card. It carries a $39 AF and it gives 1.5% cash back on all purchases so as you see you can easily overcome the AF with rewards but it doesn't change the fact that it is sub-prime.

How long have you had the cards? If it's been several mths you should go on chat today and request the PC to QS on your Plat. IT is a PRIME card with 1.5% cash back on all purchases but without the AF. Then when both cards hit 6mths you can combine the Qs1 into the QS and have a nice PRIME card with the total of both CL's.

Message 42 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my first statment (or second) hasnt cut yet and I just got approved to PC my platinum to a QS card! They do upgrade these very quick. The whole converstation started with a refund I had recieved as a credit towards the account. Out of curiosity I asked and it was approved!

Message 43 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So my first statment (or second) hasnt cut yet and I just got approved to PC my platinum to a QS card! They do upgrade these very quick. The whole converstation started with a refund I had recieved as a credit towards the account. Out of curiosity I asked and it was approved!

AWESOME!!!  I wanted this post to be beneficial to others and it seems to be bearing fruit of that wish.

Congratulations!!!

Message 44 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post was extremely helpful. I honestly had not considred combining the two cards into 1 prime card!! These forums in general have answered SOO mnay questions for me!

Message 45 of 163
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

I have CAP1 Patinum and QS1 cards now. What is the benefit to upgrading the Platinum to QS?

Both of these cards are considered sub-prime accts but that is not really the issue. The Platinum QS PC gets you a prime acct that gives 1.5% cash back on every purchase and once both cards hit the 6mth point they can be combined into 1 CC with the total CL of the 2 seperately. This is a benefit to those that would like to add more cards with Cap1 since they limit the amount of accts you can have.

I think (but not positive) that the prime cards won't show up in a pre-qual request until you have these out of sub-prime status. All in all it's a win-win and It's good to have a positive encounter with a CC provider instead of all the NO's we tend to hear at this point in our journey's. It was an emotion booster for me!!!

I'm confused. The QS1 that I already have has 1.5% rewards. When I paid it to 0 balance yesterday, I had like $85 in rewards and she said they will mail me a check. I was told once my Plat MC becomes a QS or whatever, I can go online and combine my 0 balance QS! with this new no AF QS or whtever it is. I was under the impression it was the same thing I already had, since I was getting 1.5% already. Where am I wrong?

Yes it is BUT it's still a sub-prime card. It carries a $39 AF and it gives 1.5% cash back on all purchases so as you see you can easily overcome the AF with rewards but it doesn't change the fact that it is sub-prime.

How long have you had the cards? If it's been several mths you should go on chat today and request the PC to QS on your Plat. IT is a PRIME card with 1.5% cash back on all purchases but without the AF. Then when both cards hit 6mths you can combine the Qs1 into the QS and have a nice PRIME card with the total of both CL's.

I just did this Sunday and Monday morning. I have had the Plat MC and QS1 for 16 months or so, with CLI's along the way. I hit the luv button Sunday for a CLI on both, got $3000 CLI on each. Called yesterday morning and PC'd my Plat MC to a no AF QS or QS1, whatever it is. We'll see when it arrives, I still don't know lol. In addition, I already had a seperate QS1 (with AF) which I am waiting to combine with the new QS, once it is converted from Plat MC to new (no AF) QS or whatever it is. I paid down current QS1 to 0 balance, so when it is time to convert, I can combine the old or current QS1 account, to the new QS or whatever it is with no AF account and be done. Make sense? From what the CSR told me, I can combine within a few days, hence why I brought balance to 0 and they sent rewards check. You're saying I have to wait 6 months before I can combine?

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 46 of 163
MrOverSt
Established Member

Yeah I'm curious about this too. Can you please clarify. Do the accounts have to be at least 6 months of age or do you have to wait 6 months from the date of the PC?
Starting Scores 10/1/15 EQ 563 TU 551 EX 578
Message 47 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mowglidude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

I just did this Sunday and Monday morning. I have had the Plat MC and QS1 for 16 months or so, with CLI's along the way. I hit the luv button Sunday for a CLI on both, got $3000 CLI on each. Called yesterday morning and PC'd my Plat MC to a no AF QS or QS1, whatever it is. We'll see when it arrives, I still don't know lol. In addition, I already had a seperate QS1 (with AF) which I am waiting to combine with the new QS, once it is converted from Plat MC to new (no AF) QS or whatever it is. I paid down current QS1 to 0 balance, so when it is time to convert, I can combine the old or current QS1 account, to the new QS or whatever it is with no AF account and be done. Make sense? From what the CSR told me, I can combine within a few days, hence why I brought balance to 0 and they sent rewards check. You're saying I have to wait 6 months before I can combine? NO!

In fact, you could probably go back on chat today and get the combination. It won't cost you a thing to do it and the chat CS agents are great with helping you do these sort of things. You can call or go on Live Chat through your online acct and get it done either way. Just say you are wanting to combine the 2 accts and was wondering if any offers are available for you today.

You did the right thing by paying down your QS1 to $0 'cause 1 acct has to be there in order to combine. You can convert a card without it being a $0 balance.

Message 48 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrOverSt wrote:
Yeah I'm curious about this too. Can you please clarify. Do the accounts have to be at least 6 months of age or do you have to wait 6 months from the date of the PC?

Both accts have to be 6mths old from the original app date. The PC has no affect on the original date. So if you had both the QS1 & Plat and they are both 6mths from the approval date tehn you can combine them into 1 card. It's usually the standard QuickSilver MC which has 1.5% cash back on all purchases and $0 AF.

One thing I've seen a lot is that you want to receive all of your STEPS  CLI's before you ask for the combination because I believe you lose them if you combine before hand. Combining accts counts as a CLI so frmo that day forward you would have to wait 6mths for another CLI. I read many posts about the CLI's being higher once you are out of the sub-prime cards so that's one big reason to go ahead and do it as soon as you qualify.

There are too many stories of people keeping these 2 cards for very long times and not knowing that you are actually hurting yourself in the long haul. Get in and get out of these accts with the best outcome. That's what they are for!!!

Message 49 of 163
MrOverSt
Established Member

So i have a Platinum and a QS1. Wouldn't it be better to just PC both cards to Prime cards?

Starting Scores 10/1/15 EQ 563 TU 551 EX 578
Message 50 of 163
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.