Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Pre qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Pre qualify

So ive been rebuilding since JAN 16 and ive come far. From low 540s to now 600s, i have 3 secured cards 1 with cap1, 1 with discover and 1 with my credit union. now ive been checkin the cap 1 prequal site to actually get an unsecured card with them but always get 'cannot find any matches' but now finally after 2 months i get this 

what should i do now? should i go for it? is it worth it at this point?? 

thanks guys

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Pre qualify

Apply for them both. 1sec apart. Hopefully, you will atelast get one but the hard pull will be only once from all three bureaus. They will probably give you a 300 or 500 starting limit. They also can give 100 limits so you should try. Hopefully you get them both or atleast one of them. Please let us know if you get the card or not. I will be following this thread Smiley Happy GL!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about that annual fee? none of my  cards have one 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what about that annual fee? none of my  cards have one 

QS1 is 39 dollars and that will be charged the first month as soon as you get the card via your credit line. The platnum has none but may be eligible for an upgrade to normal QS with no annual fee after your 1st statement.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOooo i went ahead and jumped the gun.......took your advice........i should have stayed in garden but i did it anyway...........

I GOT APPROVED FOR THE PLATINUM $500 CL, WOW was NOT expecting that.....QS did not go through though, o well i am so exited to have my first real unsecured card in AWHILE

Message 5 of 19
thehollowaytape
Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS1 not QS.... Did you fill out the apps and immediately press apply at the same time? It is a start and great JOB!!!! Gratz. You now have unsecured.

My wife only uses 30 dollars or so a Month on her card and after 3 months she got a boost via Luv button from 300-800. Credit steps will still kick in at 5months and she will get another CLI. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was reading that i can only have 2 sub prime cap1 one cards is this true? So i have 1 secured and noa the platinum is that why the QS1 didn't get approved?
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That could be it but I doubt it. The computer shouldn't have been fast enough to recognize it if you did it within 30sec of eachother. So, I have heard. My own experience is the same as yours, but I also took 5min between apps and it said I already had an app pending so I got denied. Now I know for next time when i Hit that Venture/QS in 6months

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i apped they were couple minutes apart so i may have messed that up lol

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.